• Latest Discussions

Cut from Corel draw software?

<<

Brian Carey

1 Star Contributor

Post Quality Rank: 0

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Cut from Corel draw software?

Does anyone know if there is software that can allow me to cut direct from corel draw?, if not what is my best and most economic solution?
I am currently using Signblazer elements, but it does not import very well!

BC
<<

Tim Painter

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:48 pm

what cutter?
<<

Alan Drury

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Different cutters have their own utilities (usually free) or you can get a paid for one which will probably drive all cutters. If you have a Chinese effort of a cutter you may have problems. There is a cut utility however which will drive virtually everything available at macromonster. Not free though.
Alan D
<<

Brian Carey

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Yes Alan i have a chinese effort of a Cutter! P Cut CTN 630
<<

Alan Drury

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:59 am

You may not have a free solution if Signblazer or Artcut is not doing the job. Signlab has drivers I'm sure and probably flexi and CoCut as well. www.macromonster.com has Ecut which is relatively low cost option but all will involve some cost. Ecut probably the cheapest.
Alan D
<<

David-Foster-

4 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Signtools all the way for me with CorelDraw. It's $349 Aus which is just over £200 I think. It has drivers with it for even the remotest chinese plotter. http://www.signtools4.com
<<

Alistair Richards

3 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi Brian,

I use SignBlazer Pro and Corel X4. Why not import into Corel, and then export as level one postscript file, then import to blazer.

I'm currently facing what may be a similar problem to yours? My main program that I've always used is Signblazer which I think is a great program and often better at doing the job than corel, although the display is far better in corel. I have a graphtec and can cut direct from corel using cutting master, but to be honest, it's a pain in the ar*e, so I tend to use both programs and switch between, mainly cutting out of blazer. I'm currently considering switching to a new dedicated package as I'm worried about future proofing work if I carry on using Signblazer for much longer. I'm considering vinyl master pro, as demo seems to work well, couldn't really get on with signlab much.
<<

Brian Carey

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Alistair,

Im new at this game, so gettin fairly confused with all this importing and exporting, i have started off using a trial version of signblazer which came with my cutter, its fine but does not like importing or exporting! i heard on the boards that this is a problem with this package.
Basically all i want is a simple package that will import and and cut when i hit the cut key, i would also like to be able to email customers a proof of job before commencing. I cant do that either!

I see a verion of vinylmaster USA on that well known auction site for € 150 euro
is that the version you mentioned? something like that might suit me, Corel looks abit high tech for what i need! im open to suggestions!

regards
BC :-?
<<

Chris Windebank

Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:48 pm

for the time being if you want to email a proof print the document to PDF so there is no need to export.
I use cute PDF and once installed you choose it from the print command not save

Hope that made some sense!
<<

Alistair Richards

3 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 pm

Brian,

Importing/Exporting is gonna be an issue at some point with whatever package you have, it's just a learning curve to know how best to work around the issues. I used to find signblazer tempermental to importing certain files, but using corel, and sometimes illustrator to save files in different versions, then makes it possible to import with no extra hassle. I also do the same as chris, and have downloaded a pdf print driver.

i find Signblazer is a good easy to use, basic sign package, so stick with it.

If interested though try either the signlab demo, or the vinyl master demo, both downloadable for free.

Hope this helps

Ali
<<

Graeme Harrold

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:52 pm

Can you not cut direct from Corel???? Im doing so with a Jag print driver, however you may be able to use a generic HPGL driver??

Return to Pcut Cutters