• TIMELINE

Europoint, Vinyl roll length errors.

<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Europoint, Vinyl roll length errors.

Hi All

Today was the 2nd time this has happened to me and was wondering if it is the norm. Last week I ordered a 50m roll of black 551 vinyl and received 4 part rolls which when queried said it will definitely be 50m as it is put through a machine and it tells them accurately how many meters are left on the roll, so these 4 rolls totaled 50m (hopefully :-? )

Today I received another order for 25m of removable black 631 and it came in 5 part rolls :o 1 roll only had 2.4m on it and another 4.3m.

If the machine was accurate with a minimum order of 5m why did I get these odd lengths.

My main concern is that all these extra rolls are taking up valuable space I don't have and that the graphics I need to cut are 4.2m long so can't just put a roll on and let it run :evil:

Has any body else had this kind of delivery from them?

Cheers

Warren

mod-edit :police3:
Please use descriptive topic titles when posting.
This topic title has now been edited.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:18 pm

not from europoint, but got it a lot from andersons, and it was always short! :evil:
Ian
<<

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:33 pm

ive never ever had part rolls to make up a roll unless i have agreed to it over the phone. i.e. ive been told there is x-amount left on this and ex-amount on that. but that is all that is left in stock so i have accepted it. that said, i have only done this once or twice with extremely urgent.
i would call them up and ask for whats missing, i doubt they will have problem rectifying this.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Had it once or twice from Hexis, but as you said, they tell you, and chuck in a few mtrs extra free

Ian
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Never from Europoint Warren. Always full 50m rolls every time
To be honest, I wouldn't accept it either. Not your fault they have odd rolls. Would expect a hefty discount to take that stuff off their hands too
:roll:

Peter
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:17 pm

never from europoint they tell me how much they have if it is part rolls I take the larger amount as like you short of space, must say this has only happened very few times or occasionally they don't have 610 but I don't mind that so much as I can cut 1220 + on one plotter, it's just not good having all the long rolls about, 610 goes on shelves. which branch do you deal with Warren?

Lynn
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi Guys

I deal with the London branch, I will admit they did ask me the first time as they said they had no full rolls of black in stock :o however they said 3 rolls and it came as 4.

I don't know yet if the rolls are short and just take their word for it that it's not.

I think you right, maybe a good discount should be on offer as I now have to deal with all their off-cuts, a bit off-side I think.

I will speak to them tomorrow and make them aware that I am not happy with it for any future orders, I just wanted to know if it was normal practice or if they chancing it with me.

Cheers

Warren
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:47 pm

There is no way I would except this from my vinyl supplier. I think I would have a word !!!!!
<<

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Warren Beard wrote:Hi Guys

I deal with the London branch, I will admit they did ask me the first time as they said they had no full rolls of black in stock :o however they said 3 rolls and it came as 4.

I think 3 or 4 rolls to make up one is a tad much but as you have said, they did ask you before hand mate. yes, in the end event it was 4 not 3, but still if they state they dont have anything left "upfront" and you accept to take what they have, then.... :roll:

i dont know if spandex still do this but in the past they were our main supplier. i know other companies did it also but as i said, spandex was our main one. (this is not a complaint)
when you bought a 50metre roll it was not uncommon to have 1, 2 or 3 "tabs" in a single roll. these tabs indicated where there was a roll join. you would watch for the tab so that you did not cut vinyl lettering over the join because the joins were joined by red tape.

we expect to be able to buy in part rolls so i dont think its out the question to be "asked upfront"... if they can provide you in part rolls or wait longer until they have full rolls in stock.
Last edited by Robert Lambie on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:26 pm

Some T shirt vinyl from Grafityp was a full 10mm short the other day, but another colour was 20mm over so I thought it best not to say anything. :rofl:

never had this from europoint either always get what I ask for so far(Bristol branch)
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:43 pm

When I used to deal with the Vinyl Corp there were many times when I'd collect 50m rolls and find a few meters had been cut off. The start of the roll had been cut with a dodgy pair of scissors. Whenever I complained they weren't the least bit interested. :evil:
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:54 pm

Never had it from Europoint but have had it from others. Don't know if I'd be too happy with them sending it in 5 rolls though :-? Especially when they haven't even had the courtesy to ask.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 01, 2008 12:05 am

In 5 years I have never had anything other than a full amount and without joins. (I don't use Europoint, incidently.)

They are taking the mick, palming you off with odds and ends to get their shelves tidy.

When I worked for a supplier we occasionally supplied 50m rolls with 1 join in at most and this was always tagged to be visible. Customers who specified no joins got no joins.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu May 01, 2008 8:56 am

never had a problem myself, i usually buy at least 10m in most colours, black white and other main colours in 25 or 50m, don't recall ever getting a join / part roll.

(ps, this was why i was so annoyed at xpres sending me 3m of reflective garment vinly (£10 a metre) in 3x 1m sections! that got sorted btw!

Hugh
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed May 07, 2008 8:53 am

I buy from europoint in Bristol, and they are often short on their measurements of part rolls of vinyl. ie getting 4.5m when you ordered 5m.

Someone at europoint needs to buy some decent measuring tapes!

Cheers
Joe

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training