5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:40 am

Oh, how true

Regards
<<

Bill.

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:44 am

Scary thing is, if you showed that to members of the government, cabinet or anyone in official office, they wouldn't bat an eyelid. In fact, they'd most probably chuckle and nod! :-?

Cheers, Dewi
<<

pumpa

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:36 pm

That could be Sweden as well. :P
<<

J. Hulme

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:52 am

OOoooh Adrian, Please don't start me on this subject or I'll be on all night :wink:
You know the answer.

VOTE CONSERVATIVE
VOTE CONSERVATIVE
VOTE CONSERVATIVE
VOTE CONSERVATIVE
VOTE CONSERVATIVE

http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=home.page
Last edited by J. Hulme on Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Andy Gorman

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:58 am

You've got to laugh haven't you? I like the new rules allowing housing association tenants to buy a share of their home. Only thing is, if you have a job and are therefore able to get a mortgage, you are ineligible for a housing association property! I have no problem with genuine political refugees, but come on.....nice to know where that 40% tax is going!
<<

Kevin.Ryan

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:44 am

big G wrote:You've got to laugh haven't you? I like the new rules allowing housing association tenants to buy a share of their home. Only thing is, if you have a job and are therefore able to get a mortgage, you are ineligible for a housing association property! I have no problem with genuine political refugees, but come on.....nice to know where that 40% tax is going!

owww this could develop into a long thread!
<<

John Childs

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:42 am

It could certainly be a long thread. I have some very strong views on the subject, but...........

I'm not going to air them here! (:)
<<

Bill.

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:50 am

Humble opinion, but wouldn't a genuine political refugee stop in the first available place if they were really fleeing for their lives? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but we live on a island... its not the easiest spot to reach when you so called have just fled tyrany, have no possessions or worldly goods and need to settle into a new home. :-? I can't think why so many want to come to Britain, you'd think we were a soft touch and giving cash out to every Tom, (oh i swore !) and Harry (?) :roll: :o

I particularly like the stance with most politcians that if you argue over their immigration policy, it makes you in some way, shape or form racist or that you must, by some sort of fuzzy logic, support parties such as the BNP. It ensures most of society keeps their gobs shut. Well done to them for promoting equality and freedom of speech! Classic! :D

Thinking about it, if they raise the minimum wage a little more, we can all contribute more in taxes, this would easily support a few more hundred thousand. Oooo and how about compulsory ID cards, charge £50 - £60 for them, that'll fill the pot a little quicker as well :D

Cheers, Dewi
<<

Alan Drury

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:58 am

I agree, in this country you have to be either rich or poor if you're in the middle and an ordinary bloke/woman trying to make a living you're STUFFED. As for the parties I'm feeling very unrepresented at the moment.
Alan
<<

Roy Roberts

4 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:37 pm

(chat.) (chat.) (chat.) (chat.) (chat.) (chat.) (chat.)

Thats As Far As We Get Now-days.
<<

mark walker

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:31 am

sick of your job

Not so funny thing is that when my wife and I were in Spain last year visiting her mother and father, we saw an add in the paper with a very similar item to that which Adrian posted. Couldn't imagine that getting in the paper here. They'd be called racist, fascist or something else to brand them not nice people.
While we were there I asked who lived in the house next to the mother in laws', turned out to be empty most of the year. The people who owned it were both on benefits and rented it just to their friends :evil:
Eileen and Jack (in laws) retired there age 60+ after working all their lives.
O.K. I'm drawing a conclusion here, but we all know people who seem to get more than they should, thanks to UK stupidity. We can all retire when were 70 though, so whats the problem :wink:
Mark.

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation