does any1 have a vinyl cutter for sale 24inch cut or above preffered please
sorry for prev post lolol
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:18 pm

Hi
I've got a Summa T1010 Plus plotter for sale. Takes 1 metre wide vinyl
I'ts in excellent condition and I'm looking for £800 + vat
I did have someone interested in it from the board last week but hasn't returned my call so I'm happy to offer it again. If you're interested let me know
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:25 pm

yes definately interested how old what use etc and is it the 1010 sl?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:58 pm

maybe this ? (cutter4sale)

How about Graphtec CE1000-60. Area of operation: 584mm x 50m, max media width: 712mm, max. cutting force 250 gf, max. speed 600mm/s. The plotter has new knife and some new other little things installed. Perfect condition. 1300 euros. Only serious offers please!
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:22 pm

as again how old etc what use has it had etc
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:49 pm

Graphtec

Light use, i'm not sure about the age, 1,5 year i guess. but it looks like a newborn :)
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:02 am

thats a 24 inch type ? bout 895 uk new with warranty re ebay whats ur bottom price becauuse yourse second hand is not far from new price?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:07 am

It not mine, but my friend. I can't make decision myself, but just propose something. I'll call him and let you know.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:07 am

cheers
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:13 am

?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:12 am

as in cheers fer askin ur m8
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:15 am

Graphtec

I see.
But i asked you what's the price you can give.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:21 am

sorry i misread erm 650 uk ?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:25 am

i'll let you know tomorrow
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:11 am

Hi Ezzie
My Summa is a T1010 Plus fitted with the tangential head for better cutting and weeding. It's coming up for 5 years old and has been our back up plotter for the last 3 years (we also run a Summa T1400 Pro)
- exactly the same bit of kit but a bit bigger. The T1010 takes 1metre wide vinyl and cuts lettering/logos up to 975mm high. I'ts had very little use the last couple of years and is in very good condition and I've never had any problems with it and it's been 100% reliable. Price of a new one from Summa is £3899 + vat
It's got to go because we've just taken delivery of a new 54" Cadet which prints and cuts.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:08 pm

Graphtec

780 uk. Is this ok ? Software included.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:14 pm

alan im very interested as you are uk based ne chance of a fone no to contact you and discuss thanx
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:18 pm

Hi Ezzie
My phone number is 01444 25 40 40
I'll be on that number tomorrow morning (Saturday) until 12 o/c
or any time next week
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:28 pm

ill ring b4 12 in morn thanx v much
<<

Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:04 pm

Summa

ALAN COOPER wrote:Hi
I've got a Summa T1010 Plus plotter for sale. Takes 1 metre wide vinyl
I'ts in excellent condition and I'm looking for £800 + vat
I did have someone interested in it from the board last week but hasn't returned my call so I'm happy to offer it again. If you're interested let me know

Interested in Summa

Please call peter on 07962 168872.

Does machine have opos?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:43 pm

ne chance u can get in touch alaan re cutter i bought from u as theres a few bits missing and evey bit o vinyl i try to pop in it just screws it up
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:00 am

Ezzie

Didn't you get his telephone number when you bought the machine???

Also do you know how to spell better or do you text on your mobile so much you can't help it? :)
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:24 am

aye lol yup i got his phone no but hes closed untill january 3rd
other problem i have is its ripping the vinyl when it feeds through
desperately need to get in touch
<<

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:38 am

whats ripping it the blade? or wheels?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:08 am

wheels tbh and main carriage side wheels have adjusted etc no joy
cant get it to cut because blades are non existent tbh supp to be ok but aint
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:22 pm

Ezzie
I've just picked up this message from you. Could'nt get thorough on your phone but I've left a message.
With regards to the vinyl screwing up, make sure that the pinch rollers on the far left and right are positioned directly over the yellow markings. It sounds like maybe the one on the far left is not, and that would cause the vinyl to skew off and chew up. Also make sure that the vinyl is straight and flat otherwise the blade will hit it and screw up.The plotter blade should be fine because as I explained, we had been using it without any problems up until we shipped it to you. Have you adjusted the blade pressure ?If you have, press 1 on control panel and it will do a test cut (square and x cut) If you cant weed that square out then up the pressure by 10 and try again pressing 1 for test cut. If blade is going through the vinyl then the pressure is too much so decrease pressure and do test as previous.
Different vinyls need to be cut at different pressures, but you'll get the hang of it with practice. As I said to you the summa is a good reliable machine but give me a ring next thursday when I'm back at work if you need any more help.

Merry Christmas too all on uk signboards
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:35 pm

the blade u left in doesnt cut at all on any test the guide rollers are missing and cutting blade of front to cut of the vinyl missing
the middle roller when lowered no matter what tears a hole in vinyl if used
and both guide edges that vinyl that the machine uses to take vinyl thru rips the vinyl.something aint correct i will ring no probs.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:35 pm

you seem to have a lot of problems with the cutter you have bought,
but maybe it might be best to talk directly on the phone to try to resolve your problems rather than make it look you have been sold a dud one????
<<

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:52 pm

have you ever used a cutter before mate? just being nosey, setting up a plotter for the first time isnt a walk in trhe park. there is a knack to it.. nothing dificult but getting true tracking etc needs a bit of practice.. (friction fed machines that is)
like has been said, make sure the wheels are on the grips of the rollwers where marked. if one is and one isnt the vinyl will tangle...
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:44 am

sorry and wasnt trying to make it sound bad but i trying to get 2 things sorted
1 i was ringing alan to try and find out what the issues were to no avial and no2 parts that should b there and as promised working arent
no3 yes ive used a cutter b4 but not this large
also trying to get other peoples experience. maybe i should go about it differently
thing now is i have had alans attention and now i know i can ring him ive the result as to where we can discuss this on the fone.@ evox im sure if you had a sum of money in a product you yourself would try buy any means possible of raising attention at any way you can untill u recieved feedback.like i say poss not the best way but yes now i can speak with alan on the phone we can get it resolved.
<<

Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:59 am

your right ezzie, hope you get ontop of everything, have a great chrismas mate :wink:
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:03 pm

thanx m8 u2 have a good 1
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:18 pm

just an update
the cutter is and as faulty on arrival reason for the head ripping vinyl is due to head been faulty and jamming when pushing vinyl through it basicaly rips it
i rang alan about all the issues he sent me blades, which he diddnt when machine arrived. he then sent guides which werent with machine when it arrived and also the machine kept blowing fuses.he told me get a pc engineer out to check it over so i did payed out of my own pocket to find was fitted with wrong fuse and had had water spillage on main pcb at some time to this the engineer rectified by cleaninig n replacing fuse but machine still wont cut because head unit is kaput.
spoke to him on several occasions with him promising to get a suma qualified engineer out to fix the prob and make it workable unit to which is what i was originaly sold but 2 mnths on im still waiting and am contemplating other options to recouperate my money so can purchase another machine.
ive lost 2 mnths business on top of this. no im not coplaining for the sake of it etc im just updating as to what ive found wrong with machine as he promised me a fully working unit guaranteed to work from day of arrival
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:30 pm

did you buy this unseen or did you have a demo???

sometimes 2nd hand isn`t always the best way to go..
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:39 pm

wow and i was going to buy that same cutter and would have done if a pc60 hadn't come up for sale on this very forum
well all i can say is I'm sure the guy who sold this to you would be happy to sort the problem out or at the very least offer some kind of settlement.
Have you spoken to the bloke you got it from ??
rich
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:34 pm

This looks as if I'm the bad guy, but let me put the records straight as far as I'm concerned.
1. This plotter was used by us as a back up machine and although a few years old,genuinely it was 100% reliable. - We have another Summa plotter which we bought because this one was so good.
2. Ezzie bought the machine from me over the phone so never saw it working.I described it as being in good condition and very reliable.
3. The plotter was sent in it's original box/packing up to Ezzie by TNT. When it arrives I'm told it's not working and the blade is blunt (sent him more blades).
4. We have never had to change the fuse in the plotter so if the machine has worked faultlessly for the time we had it how comes the fuse is the wrong type?
5. Ezzie got a TV engineer to look at the plotter - I wouldn't call out a plotter engineer if I couldn't get BBC on my TV....
6. The plotter had never been in contact with water for as long as I owned it, so another mystery as to why TV man says it has.
6. Slightly off the subject but still relevant, I sent a computer by TNT back to the supplier who had to do some work on it. Computer was returned to us by TNT and when it was plugged in there was no power. I took it to our local computer repair centre and the found 2 connections the had somehow come off in transit. A week later after another unrelated incident I had to return the computer again to supplier. This time when it came back the monitor was in constant sleep mode - back to repair centre who found main circiut board loose, so I'm just saying that things can happen in transit as seems to be the case with this plotter.
6. I've now phoned Sign Systems (who selland service Summa plotters) 4 times trying to speak to someone who can help sort this problem out and I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

If anyone knows of a plotter repair company in the north east perhaps you could post details so we can get this problem resolved as Ezzies posting makes me look the villain.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:48 pm

Ezzie hope you get it sorted mate.

I am sure Alan wouldn't have sold it if he wasn't 100% it worked ok. Certainly not via the boards as it would almost certainly come back to haunt him.

Do Summa do their own repairs? I think there used to be a company in Ipswich that done all their warranty work. Not sure who does it now? I know a guy in Cheshire that is a plotter engineer. Don't know anybody in the North East though :(
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:26 pm

I thought Art Systems on 0115 943 1404 were the Summa people, the guy who installed mine (via Edward Mathias) came from Liverpool I think and I'm near Cambridge. I have a T750 and have not had too much trouble setting it up, I do Know that that blade lateral angle can affect the cut alot though. Did you get the Summa cutter control software with it?Don't mind you contacting me if you think I can help. Hope you get this resolved soon.
Alan
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:37 pm

Sorry, I meant Art Systems not Sign Systems. Still no response from them after 4 calls.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 pm

with all respect to ezzie,

are you loading the machine correctly.

if you haven`t been shown how to do it properly, that could be the problem.

i`ve got a summa, and if you don`t load the material level, when you place down the friction wheel and the machine brings forward and then takes the material backward, the material can get trashed.

i also had to load drivers for the machine off a CD.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:51 pm

1. yes the paper is loaded fine ,re the cutter actually speeds up way too fast makes a noise then slams down n sticks, the viny runs through fine with use of the guides
2.2. Ezzie bought the machine from me over the phone so never saw it working.I described it as being in good condition and very reliable.
i was guaranteed it buy you to work upon delivery as i stated to youreslf the blade was not blunt it was non exsistent
3.We have never had to change the fuse in the plotter so if the machine has worked faultlessly for the time we had it how comes the fuse is the wrong type? the fuse was definately wrong rating and was subsequently replaced with correct fuse .
4 Ezzie got a TV engineer to look at the plotter - I wouldn't call out a plotter engineer if I couldn't get BBC on my TV....
6. The plotter had never been in contact with water for as long as I owned it, so another mystery as to why TV man says it has.
i was told by yourself to find a competent engineer to test the faults as u said if a qualified engineer be it tv engineer looks at a pcb to fasult find why is that an issue u told me to find some 1 qualified.
7.this did not happen in transit at all the head is faulty i asked u to resolve these problems ive been phoning you from day 1 of recieving equipt.
you said u would resolve this problem and send a suma qualified engineer out to fisx issues and u would ring me back .why arent you ringimg me back week after week im waiting for these issues to be resolved. i told you i need the machine running ive lost 2 mnths business because you say here you are doing things you only sent me blades i should have had and guides i should have had.
im sorry it is here we have to air this issue because on the telephone you dont want to listen
fact is u guaranteed a working unit would work from day 1 (good sales pitch) because is explained and u said you was other side of the uk to me i took youre word maybe foolishly on looking back but i have tried ringing you and asking you to solve this issue and basicaly all that is happening is youre blaming tnt me etc and trying to get out of fixing it
like i say im sorry to be here complaining but if its the only way i can get this machine running then so be it
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:52 pm

may i just add i basicaly just want this machine working
<<

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:22 am

I sympathies with you mate, honestly do. there is nothing worse. :-?

i cant comment about the sale or how Alan has chosen to do business with you, as i am simply looking in on this from the fence.

maybe its not for me to say, but if the machine "is" working... why not just do a swap back, cash for machine?
essie has his money back and your a night in shining armour Alan :P
ezzie is then out your hair Alan to get on with things, you can test the machine yourself from there?
I'm just saying this as a suggestion of course... but ide guess sending a tech from summa is gonna cost you £150 call out charge to service the machine, £50 an hour then on after first hour and parts on top? :-?
could be costly?

i know you don't want to hear this ezzie but this sorta thing is the reason why i always advise folk on the site to buy new, there's normally only a few hundred quid saving in it, then it "could" be all down hill from there....
look it like this...
if you wanted to become a taxi driver, would you buy a second hand car you have never seen, over the net, from someone you don't know?

get a reliable source, guarantees and after sales support. its a must for cutters and printers.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:28 am

Ezzie, if you're of a nervous disposition I'd look away from the screen round abouts now :o :roll:

Humble opinion here, but this situation is being played out over the boards, and although it seems lots of ppl are enjoying a good read considering the amount its been viewed, all the time Alan is being made to look like a crook.

I seriously doubt anyone would be quite as daft as to sell a piece of kit that didn't work on the boards, as its a sure fire way to get yourself bitten when your disgruntled customer comes back on and complains as Ezzie has. Its embaressing, and its unfair in a lot of ways. I suspect (obviously I don't have my crystal ball today :( ) Alan sold a machine that he considered to be fully working. Ezzie has a machine that doesn't work.

Call me picky here but:

1) Ezzie, you keep saying you've lost 2 months worth of business (?) But you didn't enter negociations with Alan til at least the middle of December. Unless the plotter was flown to you by Concorde the same day, you've had it just over 6 weeks. How you could expect to be in business the minute the plotter landed with you is beyond me. A plotter isn't a ready-made business, it merely a tool to facilitate you to earn money through cut vinyl and signmaking skills.

2) No doubt the plotter was damaged in transit. Its a regular occurance unfortunately, the chaps handling the parcels don't care, they just want to move the box from A to B very quickly. But have you considered the carriage insurance? I presume an £800 piece of kit would have been insured?

3) I fail to see how you can justify Alan spending a minimum of £200 and a maximum of £500 to get the plotter working. Aside from the whole damaged in transit, I'd assume the plotter was Sold As Seen? How does Alan, or anyone else know, that you didn't drop a jug of water on the PCB yourself? I'm not saying you did, but you seem to think its perfectly okay to suggest that Alan has damaged the machine in some way. You paid Alan £800 for the machine, since that time you've allowed an unqualified engineer to play with it's interior, and only you know whether you've dropped it, spilt coffee on it or allowed a baby hippo to sleep under it whilst it was on a weekend break from the zoo!

Finally, you keep saying the plotter had a blunt blade (?) Again, call me picky and pedantic if you wish, but how did you ascertain this? I thought the head was broken and the machine wouldn't cut a piece of vinyl even if the Pope asked it to? Again, how does anyone know that you didn't blunt the blade in your attempts to get the plotter working, and now its all Alan's fault.

I apologise if this seems a tad harsh Ezzie, but we're hearing one very loud voice coming from your side, leaving Alan in a defensive position. If he's anything like every other sign business in the UK, he'll be so busy on a day to day basis, even doing the most simple task takes an age when its not in the schedule. You're expecting his full attention to get you up and running in business, but that isn't Alan's responsibility imho. If the item was insured for transit, TNT should be your first call. If it wasn't, you've just bought a very expensive 2 ft wide ornament.

Just to set something straight, I haven't spoken to Alan before, nor has he spoken to me. I don't know Alan other than what he posts on UKSB, likewise with Ezzie.

Cheers, Dewi
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:30 pm

1.1) Ezzie, you keep saying you've lost 2 months worth of business But you didn't enter negociations with Alan til at least the middle of December. Unless the plotter was flown to you by Concorde the same day, you've had it just over 6 weeks. How you could expect to be in business the minute the plotter landed with you is beyond me. A plotter isn't a ready-made business, it merely a tool to facilitate you to earn money through cut vinyl and signmaking skills
sorry m8 dont take the mick it was sent overnight i had this in decmber
it definately werent transit damaged i wish was tha simple re just short of 2 mnths and i didnt expect to have rady made business and have used smaller versions b4
i simply justify alan for solving the issue because parts were missing from day 1 and cutter has never worked since he guaranteed it would be all there and would work
3 it had water damage to pcb nothing to do with coffe or sarcasm or baby etc because nothing has been near it so dont try blaming sum1 that you dont know circumstance
basicaly what youre sayingis utter rubbish because you havent read the posts or had the issue
im not having a go at you etc but if the machine had arrived with a blade and worked and cut first day i got it as alan said i wouldnt be trying to resolve the issue with him basicaly it was not transit issues if blade was none existant and fuse rating wrong and head jamming 1 or the other a mistake but when i ring and ask fer help and i get puy off completey he wont return calls etc what else is there to do but air the issue in the only place i can get hold of him
and yes i expect when paying 800.00 for a guaranteed working product that it does work that it is fit for the purpose it was sold for to which from day1 it has not worked yet
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:33 pm

Thanks Dewi mate, you can see exactly where I'm coming from and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.
I'm not trying to be obstructive, just trying to resolve this issue but again today, in between jobs and visiting customers I have rung Art Systems 3
times (now 7 times in total) Spoke again to Emma who seems a very nice girl who is trying to put me in touch with someone called Steve Thomas. She's left him messages and I've left him messages but still no return call. I tried to phone Ezzie today to let him Know what the situation is and he's not in either. (hot) I'm prepared to get Art Systems to visit Ezzie and pay them to asses the damage to the plotter (£175 call out charge including first hour on site) then repair it (plus parts at who knows what cost) but I do feel aggrieved about this whole episode because I sold in good faith a plotter that was in full working order when it left our premises (and Ezzies only got my word on this because he says it wasn't working when it arrived) If he had come to view the plotter working before he bought it we wouldn't be in this situation now.
I'm still at a loss to be told that the wrong fuse was in the machine because we bought it new and never had to replace the fuse - ever ! (And Ezzie will have to take my word on that as well) Anyway I'll try ArtSystems again tomorrow and will keep the boards posted.
Thanks again Dewi
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:40 pm

I wasn't being sarcastic, or taking 'the mick' as you so elequently put it, I was simply saying that for all Alan knows. I also wasn't accusing you of anything directly, I was hypothesising on possible causes.

I have read the thread in its entirety, but I found the way it was progressing both unfair and distasteful. If you didn't want opinions, don't post something publically for all to see, the very fact that you have posted here means it is open to debate/opinions/discussion.

Obviously I don't know the circumstances, all I know is what I have read from both yourself and Alan. Far from being utter rubbish, I put forward a range of valid points, which you've completely ignored and carried on with your scathing comments with regards to Alan.

Alan could not possibly have forseen what has transpired since the plotter left his workshop. Although you claim not to have had a blade, its just your word that it was missing or blunt. You claim it had the wrong fuse, after having it checked by an unqualified engineer. On top of that, this unqualified engineer claims there has been water on the PCB. Nothing you have said proves that Alan is at fault, and the most likely cause for the machine not working is that it was damaged in transit.

You could have easily sent a text message to TNT, and providing they understood it, would have most probably advised you on claiming for the item.

No doubt Alan has sold you this machine S.A.S. so if there is no resolution, that really isn't his problem. By embaressing him, insulting him or accusing him in such a public manner, it isn't exactly condusive to resolving the issue, so whats the point? Arguing with me also won't resolve the issue, as I have already said, if you don't want other peoples opinions, don't post publically. Grab some membership, and Private Message Alan, or here's an idea, use that great invention called email!

Cheers, Dewi
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:02 pm

i have sold and purchased over the boards, after selling a pc 60 a couple of years ago to a fellow member i learnt a lesson very fast, sent the machine by Business Post well packaged and clearly marked fragile for next day delivery, 2/3 weeks after this i had a call from the buyer saying it was damaged in transit, it was insured for the value but he informed me far to late to claim, he was really busy and didnt have time to open it.......nothing more mentioned end of story

After this i purchased a Gerber Edge and plotter etc from a firm in Manchester drove up and back same day tested onsite, well chuffed with purchase, recently sold a CNC engraving machine a fellow member he drove from Northern Ireland to Dorset to buy.

Lesson learnt its worth the drive.........................
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:34 pm

cutter wanted

I agree with both Dewi and Adrian on this matter. Iv'e read all the posts and Alan is getting a very public hiding without really being able to defend himself other than stating how the machine left him.
If, Alan, you are going to pay for the repairman to visit you will have done more than most people might do.
Ezzie you should allow time for the repairs to be carried out and keep in touch by phone, email or text, this public airing will do you no favours in the long run.
Sure we have all bought stuff in the past that hasn't been what we thought it oughtta be, but there are the proper channels and from the tone of this string this ain't the way. Surely before buying the thing you had all the means for contacting Alan, I would use them before doing my washing in public. I just hope not to be in this position myself, again. Iv'e been there.
Mark.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:51 pm

Alan for you to pay for a repair man after the way you've been slated speaks volumes for your integrity, if it were me after all thats been said in that infantile mobile phone text lingo the second word to the guy would be "OFF". I don't mean to add any more fuel to the fire but I think we are all reading the same thing between the lines here
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:05 pm

Got to say i agree with Adrian on this. We obtained a PC60 via a board member.

I traveled by Train from Swansea to Birmingham the day before so that both I and my business partner could the next day travel down to north London to view the machine, we then both traveled back to swansea.

total traveling time around 19hr.

machine is OK to this date but the operator is still a bit blind.

Alan as you are doing all the running around, I'd say take a step back and give ezzie the number for art systems and let him put a little work in sorting this out.

Dan
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:06 pm

Hence the post i made on december 24th, I would have to agree with boab on this one. when we bought our plotter we drove from cardiff to leeds and spent 3 hours having a demo before we parted with any cash.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:27 pm

as a matter of interest as being as we are all having to see this situation unfold, what is the distance between you Ezzie and Alan, travel wise i mean? what location in the country are you both in?
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:30 am

Alan is in the south west somewhere and I think Ezzie comes from the north east, quite a distance apart from what I can gather.

I agree with Adrian and everyone who's commented about travelling to see your plotter working. As many of you know, I bought my PC60 (the one with the magic head) through UKSB. I travelled a fair way because I did want to see it working, more from the perspective of seeing how to use it more than worrying whether it worked or not. The trip was worth the hints and tips I recieved alone, but there's a certain peace of mind when you're driving home with a piece of kit you've seen doing its job only a couple of hours earlier.

I agree with Mark and others also in relation to Alan's reaction to all of this. He's done as much as he can, and I agree with the comment of passing the reigns to Ezzie for a while, especially considering Alan is willing to foot the bill. Okay, so we all can only read the two sides and draw our own conclusions, but when a courier service is in the middle of the two parties, you can bet your last 5 pence they've got something to do with the mess. I've seen parcels literally shredded, others crushed beyond recognition. And its all very well having insurance, but sometimes the item just can't be replaced.

At the end of the day, accusations, especially one's short on facts or logic, are dangerous things that spiral rapidally out of control. Most of the time leaving one or the other party aggreviated and with a sense of "Why did I bother" syndrome. Safest bet for future sales of equipment through UKSB would be to ensure the transaction is done face to face and the equipment has been shown doing what it does. It would ensure another thread similar to this will not appear.

Cheers, Dewi
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:45 am

WANTED CUTTER

Thanks to all who have taken an interest in what has become an embarrassing situation. It's nice to know that I'm not being seen as the villain in this because up to the time it was posted on the boards I was beginning to think I was.As far as my location goes, I'm about 20 minutes drive south of Gatwick Airport. I don't feel it's right for me to comment on whether Ezzie was wrong not to see the machine set up and working, but if it was me parting with hard earned cash I'd want to see what I'm getting for my money. So Ezzie, if you want to call ArtSystems (0115 938 0380) and get them visit your premises and carry out the repairs, all I need from them is a report on what was wrong and what their charge for putting it right is. I will pay over the phone by credit card, and if I'm not around when they call, my son who works with me, will pay on his card.
I say that because I'm quite often out and about - you know what it's like trying to earn a living in this trade.
Thanks to all who took the time to air their comments and lets hope for both our sakes that this can be resolved soon.
I'll keep you posted
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:21 pm

Perhaps a lesson is learned here.

If the person who`s buying the equipment, isn`t willing to travel to pick it up, then I`d only be willing to sell the equipment if it was sold as seen.

as damage in transit seems very hard to prove.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:14 am

I thought it was time to update the boards with the conclusion to this topic which generated such a lot of interest at the time. Without you having to trawl through the postings again, I had advertised a plotter for sale. The sale was agreed with a guy who bought it " sight unseen" based on my description of the plotter. (used as a back up machine and with the purchase of a new Cadet plus which cuts as well as prints was now surplus to requirements) Plotter was despatched by courier to the purchaser just before Xmas and to cut a very very long story short, I was told that the machine wasn't working when it arrived. After a lot of tooing and froing I offered to pay for the cost of getting an engineer from Artsystems to look at the machine, give me a report on what the problem was, and I would pay for any repair that the plotter would need to get it working. That was early february. Since then I've heard absolutely nothing.
That leads me to believe that maybe the plotter wasn't as dead as it was made out to be. Since I sold the plotter 4 months ago, my offer to repair it has now been withdrawn. I think I have given the purchaser enough time to get this sorted. Thanks to all of you who took an interest at the time and those who posted their comments.I now think this topic is closed
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:24 pm

To digress slightly, I would advise no-one to send anything fragile through TNT as they have an automatied sorting system that regually drops or even crushes parcels.

Business post and City Link both have manual sorts but parcels do still get dropped thrown, stood on etc.

Best bet is to always open parcel on day of arrival and test it. Then if it doesn't work etc, talk to courier immediatly to put in a claim.

Lee
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:16 pm

Ive been following this thread, better than any tv soap..I purchased a 2nd user plotter some time ago through ebay was offered delivery but no way was i going to part with £1k without actually seeing it working, you wouldnt buy a 2nd hand car this way would you ?, if i list anything costly or large on ebay i refuse to offer postage and offer collection only so i actually avoid this very situation,
my brother inlaw actually works for TNT atherstone and believe me they dont give a s..t.
would love to know how ezzie is getting on

Dave

Return to Buy - Sell - Employment