my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

printed page to wide

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:35 am

printed page to wide

is there a solution to all my pages printed from explorer being too wide and the right hand side always having parts missing ?. cant see an option for print to fit though pdf's always shrink to fit. printer does not have an option.
regards
Eric North
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:46 am

First try print pre view, that should show you what you get.
Then depending on your printer type you should be able to set it to also show a preview and set it to fit to page. If this cant be done press print screen, on your keyboard and copy it to word or paint and fit to your page size then print
Peter
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:56 am

Have you got it set up as portrait instead of landscape? From File, go to Page Setup and change orientation. As Peter says, check the Print Preview just to make sure.

Martin
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:20 am

printer probs

I'm all set up correctly. the epson laser does not have an option for print to fit. Come to think of it none of my printers allow print to fit. there must be an option in explorer but I can't find it. will have to keep guessing the last words on each line I suppose. set to A4 and portrait. All is readable if I print landscape but it uses two pages to a page.
It also annoying when the last bit ends up on another page. Must be because the screen is in letter size.
maybe I'll just have to live with it.
More concerned about a vinyl plotter Ive just bought that defies universal laws and cuts the y axis from left to right (where the x axis normally is). Again not easily fixed.
Eric North
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:53 am

Go to view in explorer and set text size to smallest.
Otherwise go to page set up in explorer and your printer driver is accesible and there should be a fit to page option Somewhere.
Or failing that , set up another printer (a copy of your existing one) and click fit to page as a default (you do it in the printers and fax section of bloze all my epsons have an option under layout to fit to page ) and then use that copy to print from IE
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:29 am

what model epson laser printer as different models have different options
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:25 pm

printer info

Its an epson c900 aculaser.
today it broke down and epson are coming to fix it.
regards eric
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:45 pm

Thanks eric
hopefully this will help
on the file menu click on print preview
click on page setup
click on printer
select epson al c900
click on properties
click on the layout tab
click on the zoom options box (put a tick in the box) and make sure A4 is selected for the output
if it still doesn't print all of the page you may have to select the "zoom to" option and adjust this manually
I can't check if it works as I only have the driver for the printer and not the printer
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:27 pm

page problems

I have checked and the zoom optionis set to A4. If I choose scale it just adjusts the printout to be smaller but still with the same cut off at the rt hand end.
regards
eric
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:36 pm

The end

The epson c900 has just failed after 18 months. Epson want more than the cost of the machine to fix it !. I have new drum and set of colour toners on board!. Looks like I will have to get something else. 18 months is not acceptable. Any ideas on economically priced colour laser that will last a mile?. (with auto page fit of course !)
Eric
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:42 pm

Re: The end

pwgsigns wrote: Any ideas on economically priced colour laser that will last a mile?. (with auto page fit of course !)

yes eric an epson c900 !! :D (only kidding) :wink:

i've just bought one a few weeks ago, what went wrong with yours?

Nik
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:32 pm

epson c900

I have run the c900 modestly for 18 months , changing toner as required. Then it insisted I change the drum though I could not fault the print. I have about £200 of "consumables" now invested in the machine and cant use them unless I can print. Now it has an error 6026 which I understand is related to the heater side. It will not print. The help desk quotes about £450 to repair which they know is more than I paid for it. I don't believe in extended warranties. The machine should work for years with the addition of bits when called for, otherwise it is not "fit for the purpose" as far as I am concerned. can u imagine telling a customer that their sign will need replaced every 18 months ?. I admit this would be good for business!. obviously they think that way. Maybe I should have take the £34.00 a year service contact. maybe everything is disposable nowadays and if you keep paying the service you can keep everything going for ever. This is a hidden cost. Take out the contract before the machine is 12 months old or you could be in the same boat as myself. I have of course told them what I think of their machines and am waiting for a reply.
Eric North

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat