my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Hello from California!

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:37 pm

Hello from California!

Hello everyone, I'm a graphic designer selling my own line of clothing and gifts and I'm about to get into vinyl cutting to add decals to my stores. I was pointed here by some folks at a dye sub board.

:: waves ::

~ Eileen
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:16 am

Hi ya Eileen (from the place that is slightly warmer than cali ) ;)
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:19 am

Hi Eileen

Welcome to uksignboards,what part of California are you in?

James
<<

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:28 am

hi eileen...
big welcome from me too.. feel free to join in when you can and feel free to ask as much as you like. :P

:welcome:
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:30 am

I'm in Southern California, close to Santa Barbara.

I've been to your side of the pond once in my life so far. I visited briefly in London and went out to a few other typical tourist spots. My brother is married to a native Liverpudlian though so maybe I will come out again with them some day.

You'll regret saying I can ask questions... I think I'll go post one about what cutter to buy. Yes, I can see eyes glazing all over, "Oh no! Not the dreaded newbie question!"
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:22 pm

Welcome Eileen

Near Santa Barbera eh. I used to live in L.A in the mid 90's, and we used to make frequent trips up there along PCH, past Zuma (spell) where the dolphins where always swimming in the surf. A lovely part of the world, I'm falling asleep just thinking about it.
We stayed in the same hotel every time, the name escapes me but it was right on the level crossing in the middle of town, we actually liked the trains going through, takes all sorts!!!
We are hopefully going back next year since its been 10 years since I met my wife, we met in Holywood!! Borin eh :wink: but we could not go this year, so hopefully next. Be a little different now since we have 3 children, all boys, my young apprentice signmakers.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:13 pm

Hmm just past Zuma? You could've been still in the Malibu area or perhaps upwards further north near Camarillo or Ventura.

The whales migrate past Point Dume which is near Malibu and dolphins and seals are up and down the coast. I definitely like living here.

I used to live in LA county. I grew up in one of its smaller towns that most folks (even those who live here) don't uusally know about. In the mid 90's I would have been in the West LA area then in Burbank. I liked both of those places too. In short, I guess I don't have anything to complain about, hehe. If you haven't seen Hollywood lately it's gotten a nice facelift in the area around The Mann's Chinese/Grauman theater as well as around "Studio City" (though they bill themselves as "Hollywood") where Universal's City Walk has been created. Your boys would probably enjoy Universal Studios which is right next to it.
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:59 pm

Eileen

Sorry it was actually in Santa B. where we stayed, what I meant was we would drive up PCH on route and pass by Zuma etc. We were living in Venice. We had a nice little French deli across the road, great food.
One regret was not seeing the Whales, almost took a boat trip from Santa B. but never did.
One whale we did see was on Venice beach, washed up and dead. They ended up burying the thing right there, very strange sight.

On the Chinese Theatre bit in Hollywood, it needed a change. I actually fitted some signs at a Souvenior shop 2 doors up. We had to remove some old perspex and replace. We got some very stange people asking us some odd stuff, like do you know how to get to....whatever star's house???...hmm eerr.. NO! :o
Tourists were even taking pictures of the old signs?
I will load a pic in next post.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:36 pm

Hi Eileen :welcome:

Look forward to seeing lots more posts!!

Carrie & Stephen :D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:41 pm

hi eileen!! :wave:

great to have you on board!! :P :P

Nik
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:45 pm

Hi and welcome Eileen :D

Cheers, Dewi