my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

64inch Printer UV / Solvent, recommendations please?

<<

Wayne Maxwell

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm

64inch Printer UV / Solvent, recommendations please?

Hi all hope everyone has had a good start to the new year.

Im in the market for a new 64inch printer and laminator to match.

Just looking any recommendations on machines if anyone has advice.

Im interested in the new Mimaki UV with white ink. Although ive been using Rolands for the past 15 years.

Thanks for reading :-)
<<

Lee Reeves

3 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Re: New 64inch Printer UV / Solvent

We’ve had a Mimaki UCJV300-160 for around 6 months and had a few issues that are still on going and hybrid are working on sorting them. We have found it uses a lot of ink compared to our roland xr60 especially the yellow. White is very good but the ink only has around 4 months max expiry date so if you don’t do that much printing with white it will go out of date and the printer will stop until it’s replace just something to bear in mind as it uses 2 x 1lt bottles of white @ £130+vat each.
<<

David Hammond

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:04 pm

We purchased a Seiko Colourpainter about 3 years ago.

I was set on upgrading to another Roland, however when we popped down for a demo, the Seiko blew us away.

Speed, quality, the density of the ink, the build quality*. Over 3 years we've had no problems. Relatively maintenance free.

* OK the opitcal eye for the take up looks like and after throught, there's no automatic cross cut, but the actually machine is built like a tank.
<<

Neil Danley

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi Wayne, I purchased The Epson 80600 (with White Ink) a few months back now and i love it! Never have had any problems with it. Very impressive i would recommend having a demo or viewing some samples.
The layering with the white ink is Amazing, Clear stickers are really vibrant now!.
Good luck with the search :thumbsup:
Neil.D
<<

Wayne Maxwell

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Re: 64inch Printer UV / Solvent, recommendations please?

Thanks Lee and David for good advice appreciate that.
Neil im actually geeting a decent bundle price for the Epson 80600 plus laminator plus summa plotter.. very very tempted even without seeing a demo :-) looks like a good machine all round. Had a Seiko few years back was a brute of a machine basically a giat workhorse
<<

Carl Morton

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 am

Hi Wayne, we have 2 Epson 40600 machines and they are very good. Built the business up on the first machine and purchased the second as demand grew. We also use a mounters mate laminator that has proven a great purchase too.
<<

Carl Morton

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:42 am

We also have a Mimaki solvent printer that had white ink configuration but changed it back to CMYK because the white ink dries out quickly and can cause problems if not used regularly. Not sure if UV is the same but be sure you will use the white before making a purchase would be my advice.
<<

Bernard Gallagher

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Had a demo with the Mimaki & Epsons was very impressed with the Epsons speed & quality went with HP Latex in the end because we do a lot of wraps.
<<

Wayne Maxwell

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Neil Danley wrote:Hi Wayne, I purchased The Epson 80600 (with White Ink) a few months back now and i love it! Never have had any problems with it. Very impressive i would recommend having a demo or viewing some samples.
The layering with the white ink is Amazing, Clear stickers are really vibrant now!.
Good luck with the search
Neil.D
Hi Neil. Can the epson do layer print with the white ink. For talks sake lets sat doublesided window stickers that can have full colour inside and outside of window.
So it prints 1st layer reversed. 2nd layer white. 3rd layer normal image.

Thanks
<<

Neil Danley

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Yes it can, it can do:
White - cmyk
Cmyk - white
Cmyk - white - cmyk

Customers have been really happy with everything I have done so far. It’s pushed the business forward for us as we charge a premium for white ink prints as most others turn it away.

Neil D.
<<

Wayne Maxwell

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Neil Danley wrote:Yes it can, it can do:
White - cmyk
Cmyk - white
Cmyk - white - cmyk

Customers have been really happy with everything I have done so far. It’s pushed the business forward for us as we charge a premium for white ink prints as most others turn it away.

Neil D.
Excellent Neil. Thanks for the feedback. Another thing im worried about is the white head drying out if not used day in day out. Do you think this would be a problem ?
<<

Neil Danley

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Wayne Maxwell wrote:
White - cmyk
Cmyk - white
Cmyk - white - cmyk

Neil D.
Excellent Neil. Thanks for the feedback. Another thing im worried about is the white head drying out if not used day in day out. Do you think this would be a problem ?

Ah same question I asked the supplier! It has a circulation system in the ink. I was going to put white ink in when i needed to but so far just leave it in. You have to shake the cartridge every day but other than all good. Not had a single missing nozzle since i got it! Best printer i have had.

Neil D.
<<

Wayne Maxwell

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Neil Danley wrote:
Wayne Maxwell wrote:
White - cmyk
Cmyk - white
Cmyk - white - cmyk

Neil D.

Ah same question I asked the supplier! It has a circulation system in the ink. I was going to put white ink in when i needed to but so far just leave it in. You have to shake the cartridge every day but other than all good. Not had a single missing nozzle since i got it! Best printer i have had.

Neil D.
Good stuff. Ill keep in touch and let you know if it go for it or not. Many thanks for your time :-)
<<

Wayne Maxwell

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Neil Danley wrote:Hi Wayne, I purchased The Epson 80600 (with White Ink) a few months back now and i love it! Never have had any problems with it. Very impressive i would recommend having a demo or viewing some samples.
Good luck with the search
Neil.D
Hi Neil. Recently just purchased the Epson machine. Amazed by it. I'd just like to ask if you could advise me on a good profile to download for layer printing with white onto clear vinyl media? I'm assuming you've printed like this already :-)

Return to General Sign Topics