• TIMELINE

Anyone use Jetrix flatbed machine

<<

Steff Davison

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:03 pm

Anyone use Jetrix flatbed machine

I am looking at purchasing a flatbed in the New Year, just started with some research. For what I need(good bed height) and decent production speed, I have been looking at the Jetrix, namely the kx7 and kxi8.

Anyone here own the brand, any advice. From what I have seen so far, they look to be good production machines.

Thanks
Steff
<<

Jamie Wood

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 am

Re: Anyone use Jetrix flatbed machine

I know a company who purchased one. We've had some work done on it, and I wasn't terribly impressed with the quality. On one job, the ink started flaking off, on another one the print was very easily marked, and on another, there were dirty marks left in the print, which looked like water staining but wasn't on the artwork or the unprinted material. It could just be the way this company has it set up, but I would try and look into issues like this before making a purchase. We've since had 2 of the jobs re-printed on a Vutek, and they looked much better, with none of the issues specified.
<<

James Sahota

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am

Hi Steff,

Having owned one of these machines the KX7 - 3m x 2.5m fixed flatbed I can honestly say it wasn't the best machine to go for at all. The quality wasn't bad but as Jamie mentions there are issues with it, and we found we were fighting a lot with it.

The guys at InkTec will tell you everything you want to hear but when things go wrong this is where things change.

It this is your first flatbed purchase I would stick with a machine that doesn't require manual purges and wiping all the time, go for a machine that does all of this its self.

I can honestly say the Scitex FB700 we had which has now been replaced was the best machine ever, self-cleaning very little downtime and if it was down the engineers would arrive to site with every part they might need.

I would give Loic @ Josero a call the new AGFA he has it his place is simply stunning and for the near the same money the quality is stunning, I couldn't believe how good it was when he gave me a demo a few weeks ago. Loic has also been selling machines for 25+ years, his one of those guys who will treat your business like his own and give you the best kit possible and if he feels something isn't right for you he would rather lose a sale then sell you something naff!

If you can get over to his place and have a demo I would recommend this.

Hope this helps
<<

Loic Delor

Technical Advice.
Technical Advice.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanks James for the post.

Hi Steph,

am more than happy to give you an overview of the different brands on the market if you want to have a chat. We've been dealing with pretty much all of them over the years through the second hand part of the business.

There's lots of direct to media printers available, considering the sizeable investment it would be wise to have a few demos with other brands and printer types. Both true flatbed and hybrid machine have their pros and cons, so definitely worth checking out.

Also don't be fooled by marketing exercises, printing layers for example is impressive but you'll never use the feature in production and all UV printers will do it. Stick to what you actually want to produce, cost per sqm, cost of maintenance, how easy it is to operate, how many qualified people you could actually call for tech support etc...

hope this helps
Kind regards
Loic
<<

Andy Kordowski

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:33 pm

James Sahota wrote:Hi Steff,

Having owned one of these machines the KX7 - 3m x 2.5m fixed flatbed I can honestly say it wasn't the best machine to go for at all. The quality wasn't bad but as Jamie mentions there are issues with it, and we found we were fighting a lot with it.

The guys at InkTec will tell you everything you want to hear but when things go wrong this is where things change.

It this is your first flatbed purchase I would stick with a machine that doesn't require manual purges and wiping all the time, go for a machine that does all of this its self.

I can honestly say the Scitex FB700 we had which has now been replaced was the best machine ever, self-cleaning very little downtime and if it was down the engineers would arrive to site with every part they might need.

I would give Loic @ Josero a call the new AGFA he has it his place is simply stunning and for the near the same money the quality is stunning, I couldn't believe how good it was when he gave me a demo a few weeks ago. Loic has also been selling machines for 25+ years, his one of those guys who will treat your business like his own and give you the best kit possible and if he feels something isn't right for you he would rather lose a sale then sell you something naff!

If you can get over to his place and have a demo I would recommend this.

Hope this helps

I used to run a Jetrix Kx7 in a previous employment and never had any issues with it, it was a great machine very little down time and performing a manual purge was very quick and not very often. Print quality was excellent adhesion on substrates was good I printed on plastics/glass/mirrors/wood etc..... would highly recommend......

Return to General Printing Topics