my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Tight for space in our unit, what do you offer customers?

<<

David Stevenson

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 361

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Tight for space in our unit, what do you offer customers?

Things are getting a bit tight for space in our unit at the moment. One of our customers was a bit concerned about leaving their pride and joy outside overnight so we squeezed their Fiat 500 in at the end of the rollover table! It's like working on one of my children's toys lol
Beautiful wee car. Not a spot of rust!
IMG_20181115_172708.jpg
IMG_20181115_171945.jpg
<<

Hugh Potter

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 8507

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:43 am

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Re: Tight for space!

feels like this place sometimes!!

Just be sure that you're insured ./ covered for vehicles left inside the unit overnight! My customers have the option to leav it inside but I do tell them it's not insured in the building.. my liability covers me for damaging while working on, and my motor trade while driving, but not covered if my unit burns down!
<<

David Hammond

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 3450

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:17 am

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Tight for space!

That's brilliant. I've a friend who's just fully restored one, very nice it is too.

I thought we were tight on space, with my dad's classic Lotus Elan 2 + 2, inside a 3x2m marquee in the unit getting resprayed. Be glad when it's done and dusted, the unit will feel enromous again.
<<

David Stevenson

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 361

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Tight for space!

Hugh Potter wrote:feels like this place sometimes!!

Just be sure that you're insured ./ covered for vehicles left inside the unit overnight! My customers have the option to leav it inside but I do tell them it's not insured in the building.. my liability covers me for damaging while working on, and my motor trade while driving, but not covered if my unit burns down!
Thankfully we're fully covered for storing them overnight should the unthinkable happen. We work with quite a few car dealerships so have cars overnight regularly. Pity I couldn't take them home at night / over the weekend lol
<<

Hugh Potter

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 8507

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:43 am

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Re: Tight for space!

David Stevenson wrote:
Hugh Potter wrote:feels like this place sometimes!!

Just be sure that you're insured ./ covered for vehicles left inside the unit overnight! My customers have the option to leav it inside but I do tell them it's not insured in the building.. my liability covers me for damaging while working on, and my motor trade while driving, but not covered if my unit burns down!
Thankfully we're fully covered for storing them overnight should the unthinkable happen. We work with quite a few car dealerships so have cars overnight regularly. Pity I couldn't take them home at night / over the weekend lol


Ha, I often do, if the customer doesn’t want me to leave it outside, but still wants to drop it off the day before, I’ll offer to take it home.. I’m covered to £40k on damage so I can take most things home and that way it’s covered at my home address too.. stupid policy really!!
<<

David Stevenson

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 361

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Re: Tight for space!

Hugh Potter wrote:
David Stevenson wrote:
Hugh Potter wrote:feels like this place sometimes!!

Just be sure that you're insured ./ covered for vehicles left inside the unit overnight! My customers have the option to leav it inside but I do tell them it's not insured in the building.. my liability covers me for damaging while working on, and my motor trade while driving, but not covered if my unit burns down!
Thankfully we're fully covered for storing them overnight should the unthinkable happen. We work with quite a few car dealerships so have cars overnight regularly. Pity I couldn't take them home at night / over the weekend lol


Ha, I often do, if the customer doesn’t want me to leave it outside, but still wants to drop it off the day before, I’ll offer to take it home.. I’m covered to £40k on damage so I can take most things home and that way it’s covered at my home address too.. stupid policy really!!
This is the only car I've worked on that we couldn't insure to keep over night. Would loved to have taken it home but not covered nor couldn't even start it. Got taken a for blast in it one day. They were testing the launch control. When he accelerated you're stuck to the seat that hard had there'd had been a £100 note on the dash I couldn't have grabbed it! It's a great repeat business, we wrap, they crash, we wrap, they crash, etc etc.
FB_IMG_1542315575370.jpg
IMG_20181004_120704.jpg
FB_IMG_1542315515992.jpg
<<

Phill Fenton

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 11094

Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:04 pm





Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:00 am

Re: Tight for space in our unit, what do you offer customers?

No idea what this is - but the owner reckons it won some french 24hr endurance race back in 1969 :awkward:
Attachments
IMG_8428[1].JPG
<<

David Stevenson

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 361

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Country: United Kingdom (uk)




Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:13 am

Re: Tight for space in our unit, what do you offer customers?

Now that's seriously cool Phil. Bet you'd have loved to take that a run. Hugh would have had it home with him lol
<<

Kevin Mahoney

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 463

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:27 pm





Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: Tight for space in our unit, what do you offer customers?

Phill Fenton wrote:No idea what this is - but the owner reckons it won some french 24hr endurance race back in 1969 :awkward:


It’s a Nova kit car. Believe it or not, that’s a VW Beetle under there! Haven’t seen one for donkeys
<<

Phill Fenton

User avatar

Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 11094

Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:04 pm





Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Tight for space in our unit, what do you offer customers?

Kevin Mahoney wrote:It’s a Nova kit car. Believe it or not, that’s a VW Beetle under there! Haven’t seen one for donkeys


Correct - well spotted :claps: . And you'll remember its party piece? The sensational opening canopy?
Attachments
IMG_8431[1].JPG
<<

Kevin Mahoney

User avatar

4 Star Contributor

Posts: 463

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:27 pm





Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Re: Tight for space in our unit, what do you offer customers?

I do indeed Phill, the roof never worked on any I’ve seen over 12 months old, it’s donor car was far more reliable. Wouldn’t get anywhere near as much attention though!

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat



 

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

 

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group
Site Membership
Advertising
Videos
British Signs & Graphics Assoc.

 

 Facebook
 Twitter
 Youtube
 Linkedin

 

Who is Online

In total there are 73 users online ::
6 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests
[based on past 5 minutes]

Most users ever online was
370 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Registered users:
Anthony Rowlands, Jean Oakley, Rosalie Mutton

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Robert Lambie