Categories
  • TIMELINE

Roll up banner media and blank cassette roll up units

<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Roll up banner media and blank cassette roll up units

Good evening.
I had a good read for the past hour on posts dating back to 2007. All threads are covering these two subjects separately, some for roll banner only and some on blank cassette only.

I know these are easily printed at trade printers, but I get a lot of short notice stuff so would like to keep few in stock.

1)
I will like to offer only 1 range roll up. (I’m happy if you recommend more than 1 model)
What is the unit you offer on a regular basis/ + easy change of print.

2)
Ideally media that doesn’t need laminating + name / model + where to buy from?

3)
Name / model of the blank cassette roll up unit + where to buy from?

I thank you all in advance.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Re: Roll up banner media and blank cassette roll up units

Got 24 stands, and a 50m roll of media from Innotech, can't remember what model stand, but no complaints from me.

Price was cheaper than what I pay from local supplier :thumbsup:

Their media doesn't need laminating, prints well, and isn't the thin polyester stuff, were if it folds you get a nasty irreparable crease.
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:22 pm

We get our cassette from ultima for a ££’s each.
We buy our media from victory. Quite thick, 440gsm I think. Nice print. Nice to touch. I would say impossible to to crease. No laminate required as coated in scratch resistance.
Think we work out at just over £10 in cost all in.
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:54 am

1/ plexdisplay for all my roller banners, nice selection from extra cheap to premium.

2/ Papergraphics Tru300, 300gram grey back light blocking, lay flat media that works perfectly on the Latex printer. Comes in 914mm and wider and on 50mtr rolls, cheaper than the best stuff but a very very good product. Has a scratch resistant coating that does not require laminating and I’m very pleased with it used thousands of meters without problems.

3/ My default is the Plex Zeta roller, comes in 800mm and 850mm wide, single foot, light weight profile, telescopic pole, and the key elements adjustable tension screw and top bar secured with tape and Alan key bolts so it will not come off if accidentally let go like the snap on ones. If your needing cheaper than I would go with the Neo roller and if you want the best then its their side winder. All rollers come with a two year warranty and if you do get a problem a quick email normally sorts it out.
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 am

Thank you all for you replies. Much appreciated. This gives me good guidance on how to proceed. Good day all!
<<

Post Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:56 am

stands from easystands.com or ultima, not budget but decent grade ones.
roll up media, we use the thick anti-scratch stuff from paper graphics or similar.

if you want to sell budget grade you will struggle competing with online sources. so do NOT try...
these are normally cheap crap stands with media that scratches easy and does not stand up properly. pricing is often based on volume and artwork being submitted ready to print.
There are lots of budget sources online also selling narrow stands. which again you do not realise till they are stood in front of you or next to another.
i put some of ours up next to some like this, we were about 150mm wider on stand and media.
our heavy weight base looked great and held the media rigid. our grey backed media stopped transparency issues and as i said, was anti-scratch and glare surface. design was much better too...
it is not till your customer sees like for like stood next to each other they realise they have been conned.

anyway, sell based on product quality and service, not price.

Return to General Sign Topics