• TIMELINE

How do you maintain your printer whilst on holiday

<<

Martyn Heath

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 am

How do you maintain your printer whilst on holiday

Hi guys, this question has been bugging me for a while as i will be going away this summer.

If im having a slow week, i fire my mutoh up every other day and do a nozzle test or print a small sample. Give it a clean now and then and put it back asleep. This method seems to be working for me, ive noticed that when i have not touched it for 3 or 4 days, nozzles start to block and requires cleaning cycle.

As far as im aware there is no automatic cleaning option and if there was surely you would need to leave it on all the time.

So im concerned about leaving it for a week or 2. What do you guys do?

ive read that for long periods of downtime you can get flushing inks? (cant remember the name) that you put into the machine and it runs through the lines and head. But this sounds like a ball ache just for a holiday.
<<

Pane Talev

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 am

Re: How do you maintain your printer whilst on holiday

I have a friend who lives locally and he helps me out with cleaning and nozzle check every 3-4 days. I have notes stuck to my Mutoh and we also made a video of how is it done. Works well on 4-5 holidays.
<<

Martyn Heath

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Pane Talev wrote:I have a friend who lives locally and he helps me out with cleaning and nozzle check every 3-4 days. I have notes stuck to my Mutoh and we also made a video of how is it done. Works well on 4-5 holidays.

Hi pane, thanks for the reply. Ok sounds like i will need to ask some favours then and trust they dont wreck it :shocked:

Just to pick you brain a minute, ive had an E082 ERR WIPER SNS the last to times ive done cleaning cycles. Ive read something regarding wiper sensor, having to change maintenance station. This station was changed last spring. Wondered if you have come across the same problem?
<<

Tahsin Niyazi

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:28 pm

When I’m away from the printer for a week or so I’ll connect to the printer from abroad via teamviewer. You can get the app on your smartphone to.

I’ll have a printer file set up already and just click print every other day. Just make sure the file you use fires all the colours if for instance you have a white and metallic set up.
<<

Pane Talev

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Martyn Heath wrote:
Pane Talev wrote:I have a friend who lives locally and he helps me out with cleaning and nozzle check every 3-4 days. I have notes stuck to my Mutoh and we also made a video of how is it done. Works well on 4-5 holidays.

Hi pane, thanks for the reply. Ok sounds like i will need to ask some favours then and trust they dont wreck it :shocked:

Just to pick you brain a minute, ive had an E082 ERR WIPER SNS the last to times ive done cleaning cycles. Ive read something regarding wiper sensor, having to change maintenance station. This station was changed last spring. Wondered if you have come across the same problem?

In reality he/ she just presses a button and follows the video we've done together.

I don't know the answer to your question. I haven't had anything similar.
<<

Pane Talev

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Tahsin Niyazi wrote:When I’m away from the printer for a week or so I’ll connect to the printer from abroad via teamviewer. You can get the app on your smartphone to.

I’ll have a printer file set up already and just click print every other day. Just make sure the file you use fires all the colours if for instance you have a white and metallic set up.

Cool.
But.
Each time I have my Mutoh 1624X on, the fan is on too. You hear the noise all the time.
I never personally had the printer on long enough to see if will go to sleep mode.
I will not want the printer to have the fan noise for a week while I'm gone.
<<

Phill Fenton

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:49 pm

The manufacturers recommend you insert flushing cartridges and perform a series of powerful cleans to flush all the ink out.Then blank off the outlet of the capping station and fill this with cleaning fluid to let the heads soak all the time it is unused. However, if you don't already have flushing cartridges it can be expensive just to buy these once. A cheaper alternative is to use empty/clean bulk ink cartridges filled with cleaning fluid (which is the same solvent as the ink solvent).
<<

Stafford Cox

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Valuejets need to have the maintenance assy replaced every 12 months (according to Mutoh. I recommend every 18-24 months personally). The error message you’re getting is the wiper assy all gunked up, this is part of the maintenance assy.

If you’re going away for a couple of weeks, either flush it out as suggested (I can document doing that if needs be) or block off the pump and cap and leave it soaking in flush if your handy with a screwdriver and a bulldog clip.
<<

Martyn Heath

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 am

Stafford Cox wrote:Valuejets need to have the maintenance assy replaced every 12 months (according to Mutoh. I recommend every 18-24 months personally). The error message you’re getting is the wiper assy all gunked up, this is part of the maintenance assy.

If you’re going away for a couple of weeks, either flush it out as suggested (I can document doing that if needs be) or block off the pump and cap and leave it soaking in flush if your handy with a screwdriver and a bulldog clip.

Yes ive read about the maintenance station needing to be replaced. I find this amazing tho as the last owner changed it last spring, ive owned it 6 months and printed a max of 70m and looked after it like a baby. Cleaning after every day (as you suggested in the beginning). Wiper is spotless.
Well im going to try and strip it down a bit and clean under the wiper, ive read that the gears are the problem and can get gunged up. Dont know how easy it will be to get to tho.

Maintenance assembly is over 500 euros plus fitting so nearer 1k :yikes:
<<

Tahsin Niyazi

2 Star Contributor

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Pane Talev wrote:
Tahsin Niyazi wrote:When I’m away from the printer for a week or so I’ll connect to the printer from abroad via teamviewer. You can get the app on your smartphone to.

Cool.
But.
Each time I have my Mutoh 1624X on, the fan is on too. You hear the noise all the time.
I never personally had the printer on long enough to see if will go to sleep mode.
I will not want the printer to have the fan noise for a week while I'm gone.

I understand. I have never had a mutoh so can’t comment on the fan. But good luck on a easy solution.

Tas

Return to General Printing Topics