• TIMELINE

New cut and design software required

<<

Levi Summers

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:00 pm

New cut and design software required

Hi,

I’ve started low budget to feel my way into the industry using a Liyu Tc631, which after a long set up has served me just fine so far.

I’ve recently got a new laptop and have lost my flexi starter Liyu cd. (Which was a design and cut programme)

After doing extensive research I think I’m going to get Corel Draw + Sign Cut Pro 2

Can I ask what programmes you guys also use with Corel to cut with and what version of Corel would you recommend me purchasing?

Thanks guys I’m still quite a newbie to all this as signs is still very much a side line project for me which I’m hoping to grow this year

Levi

Mod-edit
<<

Kevin Flowers

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: New cut and design software required

Hi
if you are just cutting you can't go wrong with Flexi, always found Corel & cut program does the same job but moe confluted way to do it. Don't know about Flexi starter but Flexi always gave a lot of features for weeding & welding strokes, panelling etc.

Kev
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 am

Have you contacted the seller of the machine to see if it is possible to get a replacement CD ? Even if they charge you a bit then at least you would still be using software that you are familiar with & I am guessing does all that you need it to just now.

Corel wouldn't be my first choice of software if I were in a similar position to you, I would be looking at one of the introductory versions of a known signmaking program, that could be Flexi starter, signlab whatever (sorry don't know what their basic software is called) or Vinylmaster lite,
All of those can be upgraded as your Business grows without the need to start from scratch learning to use new software :lol:

Personally I would go with Vinylmaster as that is what I use although I use the xpt version which is their top end program :lol:
<<

Levi Summers

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Martin Pearson wrote:Have you contacted the seller of the machine to see if it is possible to get a replacement CD ? Even if they charge you a bit then at least you would still be using software that you are familiar with & I am guessing does all that you need it to just now.

Corel wouldn't be my first choice of software if I were in a similar position to you, I would be looking at one of the introductory versions of a known signmaking program, that could be Flexi starter, signlab whatever (sorry don't know what their basic software is called) or Vinylmaster lite,
All of those can be upgraded as your Business grows without the need to start from scratch learning to use new software :lol:

Personally I would go with Vinylmaster as that is what I use although I use the xpt version which is their top end program :lol:

Hi Martin thanks for your response

Unfortunately yes I’ve contacted SAI who made the software and they said as it’s OEM software made for Liyu they don’t sell direct copies. I tried the distributor of my cutter but they no longer do it without re-buying it again. Instead of re-buying I think I’d rather go for something further advanced that’s all.

Ah so you’re a lover of Corel them, I have seen the x5/x6/x8 on Amazon for around £80 but I know that has restrictions, the full version is aprox £500 or a £150 a year fee I believe

Would just need to incorporate a cut programme too.

Ideally I use a programme that will allow me to both design and cut as flexi starter did, it’s just so limited.
<<

Derek Heron

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:12 pm

hi
all you will ever need

topic66285.html
<<

Hugh Potter

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:34 pm

No complaints about corel from me! one of my kids has a student version of X5 on their laptop and I've yet to see anything it can't do that I can.

I don't know about your cutter but with my Summa I can download a corel plug-in (WINPLOT) with which I send files to the cutter..

Have no experience of your other software or flexi.

Return to Corel Software