my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

New to Vinyl Cutter looking for help

<<

chris bevan

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:52 pm

New to Vinyl Cutter looking for help

Hi all forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum, Ok a friend of mine emigrated and has given me his heat press and pixmax 721 cutter (both work fine) i have set it up on my PC with the drivers but unfortunatly the software was on his laptop, as a newbie i have looked online at software(dont mind paying), but as a newbie what software is very easy to use i have had a look at signcut pro and vinyl master cut and also he told me to look on eb@y for signcut pro, but being a newbie i downloaded signcut pro as i have corwel draw all ready on PC but when i opened a logo ui have for rugby on my pc in corel and saved it as a svg signcut wouldnt open this so can anyone help with whats the easiest software to use, I klook forward to your replys and many thanks for your help
Regards Chris
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: New to Vinyl Cutter looking for help

I've been using Vinylmaster for years & it works ok for me, others will recommend other software so it really is a bit of a personal thing.
Regardless of what software you are using the Rugby Logo is more than likely a Bitmap file & to be able to cut using a plotter the artwork needs to be vector format, means you need to convert your bitmap image to a vector. Different ways that can be done but just saving as a different file format isn't one of them :lol: :lol:
<<

Chris Wilson

4 Star Contributor

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Re: New to Vinyl Cutter looking for help

chris bevan wrote:Hi all forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum, Ok a friend of mine emigrated and has given me his heat press and pixmax 721 cutter (both work fine) i have set it up on my PC with the drivers but unfortunatly the software was on his laptop, as a newbie i have looked online at software(dont mind paying), but as a newbie what software is very easy to use i have had a look at signcut pro and vinyl master cut and also he told me to look on eb@y for signcut pro, but being a newbie i downloaded signcut pro as i have corwel draw all ready on PC but when i opened a logo ui have for rugby on my pc in corel and saved it as a svg signcut wouldnt open this so can anyone help with whats the easiest software to use, I klook forward to your replys and many thanks for your help
Regards Chris

Am not fimilar with signlab but if it is just a bitmap image I don’t think it will work. Corel we do use everyday though.

Click on the image, up the top centre of the screen there will be a “trace bitmap”. If that doesn’t exist export the file as a JPEG. Import it. Click on it and click trace.

Now you have a fully working image. If the file is low res it will come out not so good and need a bit of work. But I would try exporting that as a SVG if that is what Sign lab takes. If not a eps I would image. Then try from there.

Return to General Sign Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group