Categories
  • TIMELINE

Mouse vs Trackball vs Tablet

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Mouse vs Trackball vs Tablet

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

My mouse is currently dieing and refusing to charge after 12 years, im using a logitch MX700 optical mouse and its been fine for me. Im just curious as to what you guys are using for design work and general use. I mainly use corel and flexisign for my design work. Im kind of tempted to try a trackball but having never used one a little unsure.

Anyhelp is always appretiated.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Re: Mouse vs Trackball vs Tablet

Stick with what your happy with.
I've used them all, but personally, I think a cheap as chips optical mouse is as good as anything else out there
<<

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:34 pm

Use what your most comfortable with. forget trends etc, go with what you like...

I use the following mouse and keyboard combination so much i changed every PC in our work to use the exact same mouse and keyboard. 14 of them...
we have mac keyboards and the gigabyte laser mouse, means no matter what PC you are on it all feels the same.
Attachments
gigabyte-mouse.jpg
gigabyte-mouse.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
mac-keyboard.jpg
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 pm

I think too much is made out of things like this. Use whatever your comfortable with. I use an incredibly cheap 2nd hand optical mouse I inherited from a relative's house clearance and it does the same job as any high end mouse. I even still use my laptop trackpad when out and about and whilst its fiddly, its still perfectly do able!
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 am

Struggle with track pads & illustrator, not tried wacom or similar but unless doing illustrations I cant see much benefit.

Like Rob, when my keyboard broke, I had to get an exact replacement, I was surprised how much it slowed me down using a different board.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Well I personally prefer using a Wacom Tablet when doing illustrators especially logos making or even vectorizing them it's much easier to use and the learning curve is just about a week or so
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:10 pm

I use gaming keyboards and mice, just had to upgrade my trusty G5 mouse, it was horrible at first, but all the extra buttons on the G502 are actually handy. Gaming keyboards with macro buttons are awesome, I sometimes program them for repetitive tasks :D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30 pm

I use this one, very comfortable. Tried a cheap tablet but didn't like itImage
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:24 pm

I would agree with the others, if time is an issue then stick with what you know & like. Switching will cost you time as there is a learning curve involved using other input devices. Took me quite a while to get use to using a wacom tablet but was glad I kept at it :lol: :lol:
I used an optical mouse when I was working on a live job & time was more important & just did a bit of practising with the wacom tablet in the evening or when I had some spare time until I reached a point where I was comfortable enough using it instead of the mouse.
Having said that I am back to using a cheap wireless mouse :lol: :lol: The tablet wouldn't work after XP & because I don't do much work anymore I couldn't justify buying an upgraded version :blushing:

Return to General Sign Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group