my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Juddering Easymount EM1600SH Laminator. any ideas?

<<

James Sahota

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Juddering Easymount EM1600SH Laminator. any ideas?

Guys,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help on this.

I have phoned Vivid and these guys are asking me to pay for a engineer to come out which I'm not prepared to do frankly as the machine was delivered and hasn't been moved from it location so nothing is any different from when it was installed.

The situation with it is that after a while it starts to judder....So you might be laminating 5 -8 metre of print easily but then all of a sudden its like the roller stop spinning freely and nice and evenly, it starts to judder...If you imagine walking up a set of stairs one step at a time and then all of a sudden you walking up the stairs and missing a step as you climb...That what's happening to the laminator

If this goes on for any length of time it pops the 1A fuse at the back of the machine and kills the laminator

I was told to upgrade the fuse to a 2A which I have done but I'm worried as to what is happening with the laminator. The 2A fuse only prolongs it from blowing but it still judders.....

Its like a interment fault.

I have removed the side covers and checked the chains are not slipping or come lose. All seems to be in order.

The machine is a EM1600 SH with foot pedal control.

Any advice would be great the machine is only 15 months old.

Many Thanks
<<

Kevin Flowers

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:02 pm

Harpreet
had something similar with my laminator although it didn't blow fuses it was the main drive sprocket come loose quick tighten of the allen key bolts and all was ok. If you can't solve it give me a shout i'll pop down & take a look for you played with a few varying machines over the years

Kev
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:20 pm

If it's blowing fuses that would indicate an increase in current possibly caused by something binding. If it only happens once the machine has been running a while it might well be down to it only starting to bind when the machine warms up a bit.
Bearings would be a good place to start looking, do the rollers turn freely enough or can you feel tight spots at all? Can you feel any free play in the rollers at all?
Sure Kevin will be able to sort it for you :lol1: :lol1:
<<

James Sahota

5 Star Contributor

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:19 am

Kev thanks for your help - will take a look today and report back.

Martin the rollers run freely even when it judders.
<<

Luke s Bremner

2 Star Contributor

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:13 am

Could have something to do with speed controller, I have mounting rollers that has speed controller playing up goes from slow to extremely fast. Also other thing is check earthing I electrocuted my self on another laminator some parts connected to the sprockets can have a current.
<<

Priyank Patel

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Re: Juddering Easymount EM1600SH Laminator. any ideas?

James Sahota wrote:Guys,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help on this.

I have phoned Vivid and these guys are asking me to pay for a engineer to come out which I'm not prepared to do frankly as the machine was delivered and hasn't been moved from it location so nothing is any different from when it was installed.

The situation with it is that after a while it starts to judder....So you might be laminating 5 -8 metre of print easily but then all of a sudden its like the roller stop spinning freely and nice and evenly, it starts to judder...If you imagine walking up a set of stairs one step at a time and then all of a sudden you walking up the stairs and missing a step as you climb...That what's happening to the laminator

If this goes on for any length of time it pops the 1A fuse at the back of the machine and kills the laminator

I was told to upgrade the fuse to a 2A which I have done but I'm worried as to what is happening with the laminator. The 2A fuse only prolongs it from blowing but it still judders.....

Its like a interment fault.

I have removed the side covers and checked the chains are not slipping or come lose. All seems to be in order.

The machine is a EM1600 SH with foot pedal control.

Any advice would be great the machine is only 15 months old.

Many Thanks

Sorry for bumping this thread, but was there any fix for this? We seem to be in same boat at the moment..
<<

David Stevenson

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi, we have the same machine and that sounds like a problem we had when the tension on the rollers was too high. On the top rollers there are 2x knobs on the righthand side which adjust the tension of the top rollers. Make sure these aren't so tight their compressing against the edge of the machine. Ours were set so tight when I was off on holidays they bent the metal!
Attachments
easymount-laminator.jpg
<<

Hugh Potter

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Have a similar intermittent issue with mine, EM 1400SH, still laminates fine when it does it, no fuses blow, just damned annoying until the end of the run, reset and it all seems good to go again, I had it all apart but found nothing untoward to my untrained eye~!
<<

Andrew O Brien

2 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Have same issue intermittent. They changed the main board but only worked for a month after. Happens the very odd time now

Return to General Sign Topics