Categories
  • TIMELINE

Granthams Eco-sol Inks

<<

David.Smith

2 Star Contributor

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Granthams Eco-sol Inks

Had a phone call from someone at Granthams yesterday about changing to there eco-sol inks when the warranty runs out on our printer, was rather hesitant until he said there inks come with full warranty against any faults on the machine where the ink comes into contact with, head, pump, lines etc. Has anyone else moved onto this yet? He did give me a list of other people like granada studio's and others that have switched. Was going to stick with genuine mutoh inks but at £55 for a 440ml cart the savings are huge.
<<

David Hammond

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:25 pm

How much ink are you getting through?

Our 440ml roland inks are £79 each (18p per cc)

Granthams 440ml inks at £55 each (13p per cc)

Personally I stick with genuine inks, as I don't shift enough of the stuff to warrant changing, the savings are minimal. Plus if you're pricing your work right ink's a more of a consumable than a product. It's worked into all our prices.
<<

David.Smith

2 Star Contributor

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:33 pm

We seem to be going through it at an alarming rate at the minute, mutoh 440ml are £82 +vat from Grafityp at the minute so £393.60 a set or eco-sol work out at £249.60 just short of £150 a set cheaper but there saying they include a warranty with there ink which covers anything the ink touches which is the biggest thinking point for me. We currently use about 2 sets a month so saving £300 a month plus not paying out for an extra warranty. Always said we'd never move away from genuine ink but now not so sure :(
<<

Cheryl Smith

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Ive been chatting to a fellow signee who has been using their ink for years now...and ill be changing to their ink soon... they have come highly recommended and they are true to their word when it comes to their warranty.
<<

Neil Davey

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed May 29, 2013 10:40 pm

We use their inks with no problems as yet.
We also run a Mutoh.
<<

Jason Davies

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu May 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I wouldn't replace my warranty. They're just selling their inks and offering this guarantee. You would still need cover for wear and tear as well as other items like the main board etc.

We've never moved from genuine inks and factor this into all of our costs, plus they never all run out at the same time so it's cheap enough to top each one up as they run out, thus keeping a spare set to hand.

Some third party inks sound good reading feedback on the boards but I just don't feel comfortable entrusting my livliehood to something as important to this.

Good luck.
<<

Stafford Cox

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Thu May 30, 2013 7:13 pm

I heard from one of my customers about this deal. Granthams are a good bunch of guys in my experience, and Jamie (their service manager I believe) knows his stuff too. I would imagine the warranty us underwritten by somebody else to be honest....
<<

Peter Thorning

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Can't recommend them highly enough. Service is excellent, practically falling over themselves to help you out. We've got a soljet and a versacamm on the Eco pro inks and have never had a moments bother.

Plus a few times a year they offer you buy 5 and get one free so we stock up then!
<<

John Hughes

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Due to a new printer being install yesterday, we have approx. 6 cartridges for sale. All brand new and still in the packaging.

Let us know if your interested.

Thanks

John
<<

David.Smith

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 pm

The way I'm looking at it the £300 a month we save on ink plus about £150 on service contract we can put it in a savings account towards a new upgraded printer.
<<

SeanTaylor

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 am

Nice to see so many positive comments about Eco-Pro inks & Granthams on here. The product is now well established in the UK. Other contracts where the ink is being used include work for Addidas, Warburtons & Morrisons with some of our large volume users making savings as high as £9000 per year on ink costs.

Return to Ink Topics