my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

europint glasgow

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:25 pm

europint glasgow

europoint glasgow have decided they can no longer deal with me because im due them money from 3 years ago ...theve dealt with me in that 3 years which doesnt make it a debt . Really surprised because not only have they not sent the amount in an email which the boss said she would do but in all the time ive dealt with them ive never once not paid before ive received the goods . might add to that they also say theve left messeges on my answer machine ...only problem is i dont have one .Also theres not been one bit of documentation if i was due a company money id have been taken to court by now or they would have asked for goods back
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Do you trade under the same or similar name as another company? That happened to us - nothing to do with money, but the trade suppliers thought we were trading in competition to them so wouldn't give us their trade prices. Turned out they thought we were somebody else - even referred to products on 'our website' (actually the other company's site). That was when we found out the source of the problem. Not the same name - just similar.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 pm

no neil not as far as i know . i can get anything they have got through an other company ..if i need 551 ill use "a friend" to get it .Its not that thats bothering me so much as much as the fact as i say theres been no correspondence with me in all that time .As i say ive always paid for materials before delivery always so why come back after all this time ....perhaps they need time to pluck something out of the rabbets hat :D
<<

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Not being funny mate, so please don't take this wrong but...
If I had a customer that owed me money and they came in looking for a new sign, i wouldn't lift a finger till the paid me what was due for the last sign i made. I think most of us would do same.

don't get me wrong, some account practices of trade suppliers does bug me, theirs included. but i imagine its come about due to ongoing business experiences. a bit like rules on UKSB, many hate them, others don't mind, but truth is, they have only come about due to things happening continually over the years of being online.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm

No, what I meant was perhaps they THINK you are somebody else (another of their customers), who is owing them money - getting their wires crossed. That's what happened to us. Possibly somebody thought you had two separate accounts with them and syncronised the two (different businesses) accounts in error, inadvertantly discrediting your company?

A well known 'well spoken' ISP created two accounts in our name in error. We pointed it out to them so they cancelled one of the accounts. Then began chasing us for a good few hundred quid for early account cancellation!!!! This went on for over a year and everybody we spoke to assured us it was only a paper error and it would be sorted out at their end. Load of numpties! Eventually they actually cut us off over the week end. Finally we got speaking to one particular individual in accounts and she sorted it out in less than ten minutes!! Unbelievable.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Robert Lambie wrote:Not being funny mate, so please don't take this wrong but...
If I had a customer that owed me money and they came in looking for a new sign, i wouldn't lift a finger till the paid me what was due for the last sign i made. I think most of us would do same.

don't get me wrong, some account practices of trade suppliers does bug me, theirs included. but i imagine its come about due to ongoing business experiences. a bit like rules on UKSB, many hate them, others don't mind, but truth is, they have only come about due to things happening continually over the years of being online.
yip i agree with that rob i wouldnt either but according to them this is years ago ...im not due them any money thats for certain as ive said i pay before i get anything from them i always have .A certain lady there the other day said she would email me .its never happened .if i was due them mony i wouldnt have been able to purchase anything from them since and i have just to add to that i dont even know what im due them for!! ...so professional
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:21 pm

It really doesn't make sense at all - why on earth would any company refuse your business if (as you say) you have always paid all your bills?

Unless of course you're being economical with the truth :wink:
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 pm

I believe Brian is a cash customer the same as me & when you place an order they take the payment details, if there's a problem with the card they call you back, I have never received goods from them without paying first since I have operated as a cash customer.
They do make mistakes, I have been over charged a number of times & still not been sorted. Same thing happened when it was Europoint display & I never got the money back, maybe not a lot to some but it was a lot of money to me.
<<

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Brian Little wrote:yip i agree with that rob i wouldnt either but according to them this is years ago ...im not due them any money thats for certain as ive said i pay before i get anything from them i always have .A certain lady there the other day said she would email me .its never happened .if i was due them mony i wouldnt have been able to purchase anything from them since and i have just to add to that i dont even know what im due them for!! ...so professional

Brian, as you will know, Europoint does not exist anymore. It is more likely Robert Horns policy, as it was them that acquired Europoints accounts when the massive group merger happened which was 3-4 years ago also!

All the original staff are not there, but some are. so yes you may well have been buying from Robert Horne on a cash sales basis occasionally in that time, until perhaps an old Europoint member of staff took your call?

all guess work here, but I would suggest emailing them or speaking directly with the person.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks Phil , 2 sides to every story.

Brian .. Isabel now has the details and happy to advise which 3 items weren't paid for , it was 18 months ago. Sarah took the call this time and remembered , others perhaps wouldn't have, happy to trade when paid.

Martin , you traded as Kingdom signs at the time , that must have been at least 5 years ago , can we talk about how I felt we had resolved this at the time and continue to resolve it every time you mention it :0)

Those who know Izzy and myself will know how importantly we treat customer service and value every order , am in the office Thursday/Friday , be good to chat.

Cheers

Cameron
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Always a pleasure talking to you Cameron, be happy to phone on Thursday or Friday & I will be the first one to hold my hand up if I have got it wrong.
Staff are always friendly & the delivery drivers very helpful, generally speaking it's a very good service.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:04 am

Thanks Martin ,

Lol and now I see why you came to the wrapping course with blue chalk on your nose :D

Speak soon.

Cameron
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:15 am

Cameron Steer wrote:Thanks Phil , 2 sides to every story.

Brian .. Isabel now has the details and happy to advise which 3 items weren't paid for , it was 18 months ago. Sarah took the call this time and remembered , others perhaps wouldn't have, happy to trade when paid.

Martin , you traded as Kingdom signs at the time , that must have been at least 5 years ago , can we talk about how I felt we had resolved this at the time and continue to resolve it every time you mention it :0)

Those who know Izzy and myself will know how importantly we treat customer service and value every order , am in the office Thursday/Friday , be good to chat.

Cheers

Cameron

so what your saying cameron is its taken 18 months to come up with details ? youve had my address for years but no paperwork
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 am

I have a "cash" account with Europoint.....I pay by card for everything as I order.

There have been a couple of occasions where because they have been really busy they "forgot" to process the payment but sent out the items leaving my account with a "debt" on it.

John
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 am

Thats great cameron and id be happy to pay it if i knew what it was i allegedly got, how its taken you 18 months to get back to me since youve delt with me since, im just a bit mistified. As i say perhaps you could explain why, if for any reason i received goods if they had not been paid for

Regards Brian
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 am

John Thomson wrote:I have a "cash" account with Europoint.....I pay by card for everything as I order.

There have been a couple of occasions where because they have been really busy they "forgot" to process the payment but sent out the items leaving my account with a "debt" on it.

John
john the money should be taken right away they have your card details .
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:35 am

Cameron Steer wrote:Thanks Martin ,

Lol and now I see why you came to the wrapping course with blue chalk on your nose :D

Speak soon.

Cameron

It wasn't chalk Cameron it was Cyan ink from the printer & it backfired on me a bit lol

https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.p ... minate+dog
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am

Brian Little wrote:
John Thomson wrote:I have a "cash" account with Europoint.....I pay by card for everything as I order.

John
john the money should be taken right away they have your card details .

I know......but on 2 separate occasions it wasn't........leaving my "cash account" with a debt on it.
Under data protection legislation they have to take the card details each time I call.

John
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:17 pm

that is amazing cameron...really amazing you should possible think of moving Sarah in to accounts :D out of all the people you deal with this lady can remmember whos due you money from 18 months ago and shes in sales !!!

Yesterday i asked isabel if i could speak to the boss she informed me she was the boss perhaps you could have a word with her on that .

ps robert thankyou for giving me the chance to speak...and Thankyou cameron for replying
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Brian,

No problem , Sarah is great in sales , fantastic enthusiasm and a great relationship builder , I even had a request from a customer to allow Sarah to still be allowed to chase them for money , can't say that about many credit controllers LOL

Isabel is indeed the boss in the Glasgow office , she is the Branch Operations Manager.

Isabel's boss is the Customer Service Director who is based primarily in Northampton.

We do now have to make sure payments are clear before processing so it won't happen again.

Always glad to resolve things and will always do my best to help.

Cheers
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Cameron Steer wrote:Hi Brian,

No problem , Sarah is great in sales , fantastic enthusiasm and a great relationship builder , I even had a request from a customer to allow Sarah to still be allowed to chase them for money , can't say that about many credit controllers LOL

Isabel is indeed the boss in the Glasgow office , she is the Branch Operations Manager.

Isabel's boss is the Customer Service Director who is based primarily in Northampton.

We do now have to make sure payments are clear before processing so it won't happen again.

Always glad to resolve things and will always do my best to help.

Cheers
well i have to say on the small number of times i have spoke to you cameron over the years yes you have been helpful . as the majority of your staff have been. but still struggling with this that you say its been due for eighteen months but i have not received one single piece of paperwork( which you will agree) to back up your claim . ive not been told what items i received so cant put it to a job. But perhaps this is something we can discuss rather than me putting out my "dirty washing " :)

Return to General Sign Topics