my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

What do you look for in your trade print supplier

<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 pm

What do you look for in your trade print supplier

I'm looking to find out what is most important to you when you're looking to purchase wide format printing or print and cut from a trade supplier?
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Certainly the type of job will be the 1st question, each supplier has the own strengths in what they are best at! Certainly think that quality and service are the deciding factors!
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm looking for service, quality, price and reliable and accurate colour reproduction. (no particular order) I need them to tell me what they require regarding artwork so I can supply them with ready to go files. I also need them have some understanding into what they are doing and to give me some confidence that the job I send them will be done properly.
Alan D
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm looking for service, quality, price and reliable and accurate colour reproduction

you can have any 4 of those :D
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:00 pm

I use a local company for most of the stuff I want doing, I find it easier that way because if there are any problems it's easy to pop in & see for yourself. If it's something they can't do then I normally look for recomendations from the forum.
Communication is the key as with most things I want to know how they want the artwork supplied, that the quality will be good enough & that they can meet the turn round time they give me.
Colour reproduction has been the only real problem I have had buying prints in so I would sent a trade printer a test print to do before committing myself to using their services. I would probably agree with most of the other comments but price would be at the bottom of the list, I would rather pay a bit extra to know the job was 100% as I requested first time round.

Return to General Printing Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group