my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Van Graphics : Kangoo's

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:40 pm

Van Graphics : Kangoo's

Just thought I'd dig out a nice bright pic to brighten your day :)
Did these two a few months back when it was REALLY hot (hope Rob don't notice the water spray in the foreground :oops: )
I did do it largely dry but it was like trying to wrap a hot casserole dish in cling film !! so resorted to a little wet on the big flat areas.

Nigel
Attachments
kangoos.jpg
kangoos.jpg (93.38 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Last edited by Nigel Fraser on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:55 pm

Pop pop pop pop is that vinyl pulling back I hear? :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding mate. The vans look brill! Especially the butterfly one. Very eye catching mate. Well done! :wink:

I know it’s easy for me to say once its applied but I would have maybe lifted the butterfly slightly to avoid the black plastic band.

What vinyls did you use? Did you print them yourself?
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:32 pm

I like the stylised Warwickshire Bear. It looks like a puddle of molten metal.

Lazerprint is a real eye catcher :o and I love the way the butterfly wing blends into the taillight.
I can see that you had to keep their corporate colour and letter style for ‘LAZERPRINT’, pity it gets lost on the silver van.

Summertime (butter)

Alan
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:54 pm

Great stuff Nigel, really like the butterfly one, really colourful. I'm beginning to suspect you may be good at this stick-on lettering stuff :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Seriously though, brilliant work and thank you for showing us :D :D

Cheers, Dewi
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:49 pm

Thanks guys,

Rob, the butterfly layout was largely done by the customer as they are into that kind of thing, and so I just went along with it - we were a bit tight on space for the bullet points so couldn't really move up the image much more.

Both images was printed on 50mic cast Graffitac vinyl and laminated with a 40mic clear cast film and contour cut by hand. I did go back and check to see if there were any areas lifting a few weeks later and was relieved to see none except the filler cap - which wastextured plastic and I told them at the time it might not stick to well, phew...

As you say Alan, the Lazerprint name does look a bit subtle, I printed it on my edge in a bit of a rush and only had about 1/2 day to get it all ready, could have done with an outline or darkening a bit, but they were happy though :D

Ta Dewi, I try and learn from every fitting when its a non standard job and still find I can often think of better ways to do a job after the event ! Its a long ol learning curve :wink:

Nigel
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:53 pm

Super job mate,
It's nice to see stuff like this and it seems to be getting more and more popular, and it looks stunning when well executed as you've done. :cool:

So...
spill the beans then!
How was it printed...on what machine....by you or subbed out....and what do you charge for stuff like this..450 - 500 ish?

I know I'm a nosey sod :lol:

Cheers
Joe
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:10 pm

Sorry guys :oops: I forgot to say. They were printed by JKN Digital in Preston on an Arizona. I've been pretty happy with the durability of the Arizona prints, even unlaminated ones.

Joe, I charged £475+vat so not a bad guess mate :D

Hey, Joe I've just realised you must be the ideal guy to have my reg plate off me when I sell it - what do you think ???

Nigel
Attachments
plate.jpg
plate.jpg (73.45 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:19 pm

I don't have anything new enough for it to go on mate ('83 porsche 944 and R reg ducato van) but you're right...that's the plate for me!!!
Cheers
joe
Last edited by Joe McNamara on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:21 pm

nigel nice vans! agree with alan on the lazerprint typeface!

have you been on the whiskey? or is it my screen res. or did you have the hiccups when applying the letters on the right hand window! :o :o (or it could be me that's been having a tipple)

Nicola
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:39 pm

Nic, no sadly no whisky to blame - I'm guessing you mean on my van, in which case thats just a screen layout shot for me to consider if I like it or not (the window graphics anyway, the rest is already as you see it).

But it still looks pretty straight to me anyway, one of these days I'll get round to finishing the job off and I'll measure it twice just to be sure :lol:

Nigel
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:06 am

Some great stuff Nigel

Plenty of colour and imagery to keep the attention

Like it a lot

John
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:03 pm

Kangoo's

Luvverly Nigel.
Great job,really like the butterfly one.
Darryl
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:35 pm

Nice jobs nigel, did it take you long too fit these? I like the butterfly one best.

chris
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:52 pm

Thanks people :)

Chris, it took me and another guy about 3.5-4 hours to do the butterfly one but this was done on one of the hottest days of the year (no shade in the pic :-? ) so it was a bit of a pig to handle the thin cast vinyl. Plus we had to keep stopping to spray eachother with water to stay cool too...

Just hope the vinyl stays on the plastic bits of the van OK !!

Nigel

Return to Gallery