my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Matt black vehicle wrap film supplier anyone??

<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 am

Matt black vehicle wrap film supplier anyone??

Hi all,

I'm after a matt black vehicle wrap film. Would anyone know if i can get one with the air escape technology?? I got a sample off Hexis but the concerns i had was 1. it wasn't air escape and 2. the sample stated "black matt conformable cast vinyl" instead of vehicle wrap vinyl so am a little confused as to whether they sent my a vehicle wrap vinyl sample in the first place.

help would be appreciated.

thank you!!!
<<

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:01 am

I'm going to say this Soyeb, and i honestly mean no disrespect at all mate.
i am 100% behind anyone trying to make a go of things but judging by your experience in the trade and then wrapping. i think you are premature in venturing into this line of our trade. I can only see you giving yourself more hassle/troubles than what it is worth when you should be concentrating on more profitable/easier sides to our line of work.

regardless, best of luck mate...
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:12 am

There are already quite a few post on the forum about this Soyeb, might be quicker for you to get the info you want by doing a search.
Just use matt, black and wrap in the advanced search.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Rob

Gonna get some installers in to do the job. I have been studying tutorials to give me a bit of a background on how to do the wrap but in any case we are going to trial one of our own cars before we do the actual job. :-)
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi Soyab,

Be careful using "air escape" technology, if you stretch it too much the lines in the adhesive will stretch and parts that don't have any adhesive on will fail.

A proper wrap film will have a re-positionable adhesive and they guy on the Orafol video uses command form that creates an invisible barrier to make application easier , read the instructions first but he swears by it.

Regards
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Cameron Steer wrote:Hi Soyab,

Be careful using "air escape" technology, if you stretch it too much the lines in the adhesive will stretch and parts that don't have any adhesive on will fail.

A proper wrap film will have a re-positionable adhesive and they guy on the Orafol video uses command form that creates an invisible barrier to make application easier , read the instructions first but he swears by it.

Regards

I still dont understand why people think that air release has "gaps" in the adhesive?
The adhesive covers all the surface area, and the air release chanels are only on the surface of the adhesive. so when squeegeed or stretched, in theory the adhesive should still remain the same relative thickness as normal vinyl.

Or am I missing the point?

Peter
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi Peter,

On some Peter the adhesive is coated in the normal way the backing sheet has the grids in which the adhesive takes the shape of to form the air channels, if stretched too far the adhesive in the channels which is a thinner layer than the rest breaks apart and doesnt get a good enough grab to the very ares it needs to grab most.

There are a few on the market that use this technology.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Return to Vehicle Wrapping