my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

has anyone got any tips tricks for the Mimaki JV3 please?

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:52 pm

has anyone got any tips tricks for the Mimaki JV3 please?

I've just ordered a Mimaki JV3 with shiraz rip, has anyone got any tips tricks etc or just personal experience of the above system ?
<<

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:18 pm

i dont, but did look at the machine.. ide also be interested in any feedback you have when you get it.
i think if we do decide on a new printer it will be a thermal one but wide/ish format.. summu looks the best bet just now.. but not fixed on it :roll:
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:31 pm

jv3

as a supplier of media for inkjet machine both water based and solvent based, i am very impressed with this machine, and i've seen a lot of machines.

its very much a plug and play machine, rip controls a lot of the setting on the machine,

the jv3 takes flexible media and rigid boards too, so you can print directly onto displayboads & foam pvc's.

if i get asked now what machine do i recommend its always the jv3, more expensive but you do get more for your money, in my opinion.

oh and the print quality is good too :P
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:55 pm

The machine is arriving on wednesday, so i'll keep you all updated on how it's going.

I spent about a year looking at a massive amount of machines, the quality, durability and flexibility of the mimaki stood out totally from the rest, even though it was more expensive than most and I had to get a new plotter to accommodate the extra width, I think it was money well spent.

Another benefit is that I don't have to flush the system out everyday as it has a standby mode that keeps the nozzles clean and unclogged.

I also purchased a third heater option which allows for printing direct to 1mm foamex, which should be a great labour saver.

The shiraz rip send data instantly to the printer so no waiting around for the rip to finish.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:31 am

Innocent

We've had our JV3 for a few months now, I must say the output has been excellent, I do have a few tips though, always clean out the capping stations at the end of the day so that while it is "ticking over" during the night or weekend the heads are'nt sitting in to much ink, also bear in mind if you've gone for the 160s the roll mount at the back can only take roll diameters upto 180mm, I found this out after ordering Avery MPI200 from Robert Horne at 1500mm wide on a 100m roll and it would'nt fit, we had to re-reel 30mtrs or so onto a spare core to get it on the machine. Though to give Hornes credit they are now stocking a MPI200 at 1500mm wide on 50mtr rolls specifically for JV3-160s owners, we've found it to be a great all round every-day vinyl highly recomended especially as it takes advantage of almost all of the width of the machine rather than having to use narrower 1370mm media. We'vr been using the ColourGate rip but I'm sure you'll get excellent results from Shiraz. I hope this is of some use, if you've got any specific questions, I might be able to help, but as I said we've only had the machine a few months so we are still learning too.

Mark
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:25 pm

thanks for the tips Dollar Bill, I hadn't thought about the diameter of the vinyl but then again I only usually order 50m rolls. I can't imagine how much a 100m roll @ 1530mm would weigh !

Return to Mimaki Printers

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group