Categories
  • TIMELINE

removing viny from garment

<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri May 02, 2008 2:01 am

removing viny from garment

hi all, still at it, again! oh for an early night.

right, in my rush i pressed reflective (reflexalite) onto a cotton fishing smock, but.. the wrong size. i reckon the customer will take it anyways, but if he doesn't want it, is it worth me trying to remove the vinyl with that spray stuff (just seemed to melt and make a mess last time i tried it), ????

i'm thinking i'd be better to apply a large black patch over it and just re-use with flex when i want to use it, mrs can have it for when she joins me fishing!

ta. Hugh
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri May 02, 2008 7:07 am

Hi Hugh,
I´ve used the garment vinyl remover from Xpres, but it´s a bit hit and miss. Can leave the impression of the image on the garment and also a stain. I´d try it first on an old T-Shirt.
Best to say nothing to the customer and see if he accepts it.

Good luck. Chris A
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri May 02, 2008 8:11 am

thanks for the reply mate,

normally i might let one wrong size slide if i had no others, but these are pre-shrunk, heavy drill Cotton fishing smocks, ie.. no stretch, there's no way this guy would get in one that's too small!

i've emailed to explain now anyway! he did mention wanting more at a later date, so i've offered him this L one a bit cheaper, if he doesn't have it then i'll just cover it with a large bit of black flex and over-write it with flex instead of reflective. no biggy really!

thanks.
hugh
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri May 02, 2008 9:30 am

Hugh, I don't know if it is a lot of text, but I have removed words by touching the vinyl onto the heated platen and it just peels off, sometimes you get a dark area where it has been. Guess you could just use an iron directly on the vinyl, as I have had customers complain that theirs has come off, when the missus ironed it!

Cheers

Dave
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 am

that's a good point Dave, thank you, if you try to peel reflective then hot, it seems lke it hasn't stuck, you can try as often as you like, but until you rtfm and see it needs to be peeled cold, it ever sticks and you scratch yer head for ages!

i'll give it a go, it leaves a tiny amount of ghsting, but beter that than have to tell the guy that it still isn't done (supplier issues!)

thanks.
HUgh

Return to Sublimation Printing