my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

suppliers please of Window Perforated Vinyl?

<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:10 pm

suppliers please of Window Perforated Vinyl?

Hi Again,

Yes I'm asking a lot of question lately. Must be because I'm starting to get work through and take on different challenges and customers?

Well anyway, had a client call over today. He's got a new double cab tipper truck. He wants the rear window of the cab used for some advertising hence he came to me for some signage. He gave me a rough idea of what he wanted, so I've been left to draw something up.

Now the major question. He wants me to apply this to the inside of the window, no problem I've done that before just reverse/mirror cut the vinyl. But he wants it doing in perforated film, so as he can still see out the window. He wants it in black :o , does anyone know if any suppliers carry this I've only see White for off the shelf purchasing.

If not I'll have to draw something else up and let him have a look at it.

I'll post the end result ;)

Cheers
Jonny
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:52 pm

Some window perf vinyls are already black on the adhesive side. Or you may try the "static cling" materials.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:55 pm

Jonny, take a look on the boards Rob did a demo of his own window film which I have used on quite a few rear van windows. Basically cut lines of 2mm and leave lines of 3mm, like the one way mirror stuff seen in shops.

Cheers

Dave
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:44 am

Jonny,
If you want ‘one-way-vision’ perforated vinyl applied to the inside of windows, you need to use clear perforated vinyl, print your image (in reverse) and then back-up with a layer of white and then a layer of black ink – so that the order when viewed from the outside is image, then white layer, then black layer – the same as externally applied white/black perforated vinyl.
You can get clear perforated vinyl from a number of suppliers – I know that Europoint have some in stock because I bought a few metres last week.
Traditionally you would screenprint the white and black layers over the printed clear perforated vinyl – but there is now a simpler way of doing this using a hot-roll laminator. Again Europoint should be able to give you details.
Applying perforated vinyl to the inside of a window has great advantages – protection from vandalism (or windscreen wipers) and the weather, and not needing scaffolding for high-up windows – but make sure that the glass isn’t heavily tinted or you’ll not be able to see the image!
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:05 am

Unfortunately we do not have facilities to print. I’ve looked into print machines but my work to date has not required a printer and I do not feel that at present it would be the ideal investment although possibly in future we will go for one of these print and cut machines. Hence the reason why I was wondering if it was available in other colours.

After having a think and seeing what I could come up with I spoke with the client again on Saturday and we discussed what he was looking for. We have more or less decided that we will apply the vinyl to the inside of the window and then apply a layer of dark window tinting film over the top of the vinyl which will give the darkened out effect. I am hoping that this method will work and if it doesn’t we may have to resort to plain black vinyl.

Thanks for all your help once again guys.

Jonny
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:20 am

we will apply the vinyl to the inside of the window and then apply a layer of dark window tinting film over the top of the vinyl which will give the darkened out effect. I am hoping that this method will work and if it doesn’t we may have to resort to plain black vinyl.

sorry will look nasty tint the inside lettering out side. arm your self with a scrap piece of glass and try it you will see what i mean

chris
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Chris Wool wrote:
we will apply the vinyl to the inside of the window and then apply a layer of dark window tinting film over the top of the vinyl which will give the darkened out effect. I am hoping that this method will work and if it doesn’t we may have to resort to plain black vinyl.

sorry will look nasty tint the inside lettering out side. arm your self with a scrap piece of glass and try it you will see what i mean

chris

Hi Chris,

Customer request is all vinyl is inside, so gotta work with him. What do you suggest otherwise?

Jonny

Return to Vinyl

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation