my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Has anyone used application Tape from MDP Supplies?

<<

Frank_Galloway

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:50 am

Has anyone used application Tape from MDP Supplies?

anyone used this ?

I have requested samples of Vinyl from 6 different suppliers (all different makes) - and only 1... yes just 1 has bothered to follow through on their conversation.. :evil:

So - seeing as MDP delivered as they said they would - was considering using their tape also.... but don't think it's a named brand... anyone use it / have any experience.. good or bad ?

was looking at conform 4075 otherwise - but only stocked by those suppliers that are too busy to send me a sample - so I'm loathed to even give them my business now...
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:33 am

Frank, app tapes are a bit like vinyl, some people get on better with one brand and some with another. I would do the same thing again and get them to send you a sample so you can try it for yourself. It will also depend on what you are going to do with your graphics, if you are going to fit yourself then most application tapes are OK but if you intend to send stuff out in the post then some tapes tend to curl a lot at the corners so some people who supply mail order don't like them
<<

Frank_Galloway

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:48 am

Thanks Martin... yes I've been reading up on here about the different properties etc etc... so was wondering what the MDP tape was like in any ones experience ...

maybe they have more luck in getting "samples".....

I'll be ringing around today these other suppliers to get their acts together - business must be good if they don't care about a brand new possible a/c.

oh well their loss.
<<

Martin Grimmer

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:30 pm

Frank

I use the 4075 and found it is the best tape for me. (Have never tried the MDP). I get mine from Metamark - they have never let me down. Not sure if they were one of the six you tried?

Martin
<<

Brian Little

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:32 pm

frank i use clear "conform" from victory ....a company i find very reliable as far as service goes. Deliveries always on the nail next day about tennish ...even if you dont pay for pre noon...cant beat it
<<

Frank_Galloway

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:48 pm

Marts... bit spooky that - I've just come off the phone from them before i read your reply ! - guess what they are sending me some "samples" of both Vinyl and Application Tape (conform) :cool: - seemed pleasant on the phone - unlike Robert Horne - miserable bleeders :lol1:

Hi Brian - Victory was one of the infamous "six" :lol1: - I'll ring them again to "remind" them...

thanks for the feedback guys.... oh and I'll be putting up a mugshot soon - only fair :cool:
<<

Frank_Galloway

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:38 am

Hi - just thought I'd update and give a glowing report to Metamark in the process :lol1:

I asked for a "sample" of teh conform 4075 tape - and they've only gone and sent me a WHOLE ROLL :o :lol1: - how's that for service ?!

they also use a courier that is open till 8pm near me so that is a real advantage for me... just need to check their vinyls in comparision to Oracle and then I'm all sorted on my chosen supplier :D

thanks for those who recommended MetaMark - it's justified !
do you also use their Vinyl ?? (series 4 and 7 i think)

Return to Vinyl