my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

i have never worked with mesh vinyl help please?

<<

Doug Kinrade

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:19 pm

i have never worked with mesh vinyl help please?

Had this emailed to me this morning:

'Please supply quote for following:

Cafe Window display made of 'mesh' vinyl. I.e so that you can see out from inside and the image is on the outside. The window has paneling unfortunately so will have to divide the sign into 4 section that will need lining up. The display consists of 4 sections appr 48x70cm not allowing for some bleed & overlap.'

Having never dealt with this stuff before I could do with some pointers! I.e. suppliers including printing onto the mesh, pricing, application, anything useful would be much appreciated. Cheers.
<<

George Elsmore

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:44 pm

its called micro vision most suppliers will have it i use hexis

http://www.hexis.co.uk/PDF/HEXIS%20DIGI ... 5%20v3.pdf
<<

Gavin MacMillan

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:39 pm

I've only used it once but the beauty is it can be applied dry even onto glass as there is so little vinyl on the surface any silvering will not be noticeable.

The image I used was quite light though so maybe increasing the saturation would have been better? I'm not sure but maybe someone with more experience can give you pointers on the graphics side?

G
<<

Ewan Roberts

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Some people call it contra vision and you can get various dot patterns from Metamark,also comes in white and clear some are black backed and some are white backed or clear.
Can be printed normally on any solvent printer.

Cheers

Ewan.
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:53 pm

as has been said, controvision comes in many forms these days.
it is applied on the "outside" which to me is a bit of a downside. rainwater pockets in the perforations of the vinyl unless you laminate and makes visibility hard.
there are many variations on this type of thing, some better than others.
if lamination is on the cards, why not laminate black vinyl with white and print onto the white using this idea i came up with a few years back.

https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17602

down side on this i recon is that if the glass has a tint the image isnt just as sharp. like i say, every version of this has its downside.
<<

Ryan

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 am

We have used All Print Supplies version before. There are two types, one for windows with smaller holes (more vinyl) to give a better depth of picture and the other is for vehicles with bigger holes and less vinyl to improve vision out. Another thing to consider is whether the product is licensed, I think anybody producing it still has to pay a royalty fee to Contravision so on larger installs this may be worthwhile checking first as there are some cheap n chearful versions out there.

Has anybody tried UV printing with this? One thing we have noticed is occassional drop out of inks leaving a patch in the overall print. This maybe down to minor contamination of the surface but I assume UV would overcome this problem?
<<

Doug Kinrade

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:03 am

Thank you all for your replies, that's a great help.
<<

John Harding

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:44 pm

An office near to me had this last summer, a nice contravision printed landscape, the idea I think so that the staff could see out but the public couldn't see in thus giving them some privacy.

Well it was ok untill the winter and the dark evenings when the reverse occurred. So off it all came and the windows were covered in etch instead.

Shame really as there were some nice girls to ogle in the office untill then :D

john
<<

Cameron Steer

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi there,

Yes its still licenced and the fellow whose name escapes me is like a dog with a bone if he finds anyone not paying him the licence i heard he has something like 36 prosecutions on the go at the moment.. allegedly etc etc ...is sold by the metre so needent be exspensive the laminate can be bought in 10m rolls.

Cheers

Return to Vinyl