my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

A Very Happy New Year....

<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:27 am

A Very Happy New Year....

I am off to celebrate elsewhere in Sweden tomorrow (new years eve), thats if the car starts and we're up for it....its very snowy and -18 here tonight!

It seems...looking at Sky TV tonight that you are having it mild in the UK but need to wear your wellies!

I have really enjoyed finding this board....hope to particiapte more next year time allowing.

Wish you all a very Happy New Year
<<

Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:36 am

i thanks for that henry.. i hope you have a great one too mate. *drink* *drink*
-18... :o gulp...now thats cold:o stuff nipping round the back of the house for a pee over there mate (<( (<(

well ill second what henry says & wish you all the best in the new year!

thanks everyone. :wink:
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:23 am

have a great time Henry! and a happy new year to you and everyone here at the 'ol UKSG...

A BIG THANKS to you too - for all you've given to this board and everyone here...priceless!

more soon

mike
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:55 pm

Happy new Year Henry, -18!!! wow, that's a cold I cannot imagine.

Our first day of the year brought rain! we were SO glas of it, we've been in the middle of a drought! We have to buy our water by the tankerload, and we live in one of the higher rainfall areas of Australia. The rest of the country is doing it tough. Maybe you could send some ice over?
________
Ferrari P4/5 By Pininfarina Specifications
Last edited by Gray.Hodge on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:38 pm

Happy new year to everyone, yes it is quite mild at the moment Henry the last couple of years have been the same here, a bit milder but plenty of rain. Gray we seem to get nothing but rain over here and I am always complaining about it. I expect you are at the other extreme, no rain, water raitioning and always complaining its not raining. Theres no pleasing some folk is there !!
<<

Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:57 am

Fried eggs & bacon

Just to repeat what you're all saying - a very happy New Year. Gray, at least it's not as hot in Tassie as it is here! I'm situated in Deniliquin, in south-western NSW. It's 41 degrees celcius (about 106 - 108F) here today and I can hardly work in this heat. We have an air-cooler in this rented workshop but it's sort of on the blink at the mo! :(

While on this subject, I just want to say that a customer wanted a "For Sale" sticker on the rear window of their car that they were selling, and wanted me to attach it on for them. I had to tell them to come back early the next day when it was going to be cooler, to save myself from getting fried from leaning on the car. As it turned out, I instead went to their place to do it in the shade of their carport. It was just down the road.

Moral of the story is - to all you people in the Northern Hemisphere - at least you don't have to worry about being fried from hot cars. I could probably fry eggs and bacon on the bonnet of my car right now! :cool:

Rightio, I'm knocking off now and going home for that cold beer in the fridge. Cheers, people! *drink*
<<

Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:00 am

Anyone for seconds?

Hi again - re working on cars in extreme heat.

I forgot to mention that our workshop can have cars inside, but presently can't do that cos there's a big 10-metre long sign sitting there taking up the floor space. Otherwise would put the car inside. But sometimes have no choice but to work on cars outdoors.

Cheers again! :P
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:48 am

Hi Simon! - and a 'warm' welcome to the UKSignGroup...

This very mornin' I came down to the workshop - the shed in the garden - and it was -2 inside!...so I suppose we could say we don't need a fridge at the mo!

put the heaters on and it takes about an hour to get it upto 60 degrees (f) which is ok to work. I do have a mini space heater type thing (like those little jet engines), runs on gas etc. and that'll bring the shop upto temp in about 10 minutes!...but it does cause condensation and only tends to heat things on the 'outside' so I use it on-site instead to keep me fingers and toes warm!

"...and stick a couple of sausages on while you're at it eh! :wink: ..."

look forward to chatting more soon

mike

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat