Categories
  • TIMELINE

David Sylvian - Marcella

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:52 pm

David Sylvian - Marcella

ooooooooo well done !
Yeah he's still recording Marcella. (had to write this twice as when i tried to reply to you it wouldnt allow me to as the original thread had been deleted during the time i was typing - grrrrrrrrrrrr !)

He's still going - although his stuff isnt as 'mainstream' as it used to be in the Japan era.Its very dark and deep thinking really (the Blemish album really is quite hard going even for a seasoned fan such as myself !) Some of the people i work alongside consider it suicidal music !

Used to be a big fan of Gary Numan too (even met him and sat in his plane once when i was a teenager ! - was better than winning the lottery back then !)
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:07 pm

The new Romantic Era!!! God the style was bad though :lol1: But he had a 'pretty' face, slightly feminine.

David Sylvian was always kinda suicidal but a really unique voice. I remember Ghosts, think that was a single, he did Merry Christmas mr Lawerence with ryuichi sakamoto...(spelling might be a bit iffy there!) that was good too.

Oohh now I haven't got any of his music but now i need to find some to listen to!!!! Pretend i'm 14 again :oops: :lol1:

Marcella
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:23 pm

Lee,

Hope when you sat in Numan's plane that it didn't take off - didn't he have a strange habit of landing on motorways....

Martin
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:42 pm

well he did have a few 'troubles' but not done intentionally ! he's a very accomplished pilot now with no end of flying qualifications under his belt. think if memory serves me right he has the most flying hours held for a Harvard WW11 plane under his belt too.

New romantic era Japan - the style was fantastic ! (i still wear the same style make up........well on days off anyway !)

Sylvian looks totally different now - unrecognisable infact. Quite 'lank' hair and often with a slight beard. Musically way too advanced for alot of people i believe. If you want to satisfy your sudden lust to hear some of his music then probably best to buy the Everything And Nothing double album (Heartbeat is superb!) - Amazon is probably the best place for price. He still works with Sakamoto (well done on the spelling by the way!) .......a woman with taste and who can spell ! :)

Alot of his stuff is even better live but quite difficult to get hold of.
Have a listen to his stuff and let me know what you think :D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:51 pm

lee pitcher wrote:.

New romantic era Japan - the style was fantastic ! (i still wear the same style make up........well on days off anyway !)

:D

I think you should update your avatar, one where you're wearing your frilly shirt and eyeliner! :D :D :D

I'll see if I can download some of his music and have a listen. It'll no doubt freak out my daughter... she was freaked out by me playing Blue Nile music!!! :-? if she thought that was depressing......! :D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Oh Marcella, at long last another fan of the Blue Nile, I thought I was alone!
'She Lives in a house in London'
The business!
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:11 pm

Harry, Paul Buchanan's sister was my maths teacher at high school! I love his voice, their music is haunting!
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:36 pm

thanks Marcella ! now the whole world knows ! :oops:

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat