Categories
  • TIMELINE

Potential problem with Color camm refils

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:31 pm

Potential problem with Color camm refils

Hi all,

a warning really, I've been getting my refils from Thermal Products UK since I got the machine with no problems.

I was doing a job yesterday and today that involved the use of the spot blue (they call it "reflex blue" I believe) the problem is this:

Once loaded it will keep snapping for no apparant reason, in the middle of the job, and potentially get jammed under the print head and cause all sorts of mischief.

I spoke to Paul at thermal products about it, he said it may just of been a dodgy batch, and he kindly replaced the faulty ones ASAP.

I'm not saying it will affect yours (I've had no problems at all with any of the refils before now) but if you do use the "reflex blue" just keep your eye on it, for the first few lines of print

ANDY
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:01 pm

Was it just the one cartridge Andy or did you try more than one?
I know dont use the Roland cartridges, how many thermal products cartridges have you used in the machine?
I know I dont own a machine of any description but I am very interested in all aspects of the industry, and you never know one day I might be looking for a printer.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:53 pm

well, I've used a lot of thermal product cartridges in the machine mart' in fact the machine has only ever 3 sets of "official" cmyk cartridges in its lifetime.

I reloaded that ribbon into different cartridges, tried different refils too. I bought them all at once so it appears that they were part of a faulty batch.

ANDY
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:09 pm

Hi Andy

Just a thought, have you had your cam serviced or new heads. The new heads run at an increased temperature, and this causes the PE film to snap.

Just a may be.

Cheers

Brian
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:13 pm

nope :wink:

ANDY
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:53 pm

Reflex blue!

Andy!!

I have had exactly the same problems with this reflex blue. I couldn't even print one line without it snapping. I initially spoke to paul about this and he said to try a different cartridge colour ie magenta but this didn't work either...

Trouble is, I didn't get my money back and I've got 10 refills left,.. :cry:

Do you think I should return these??

Gav
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:29 am

Just explain that you've tried different cartridges and refils and had the same problem. Then ask if he'd be prepared to replace them for you

ANDY
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:33 pm

Hi Andy,
We use the same supplier up to now with no problems then a magenta refill snapped re jointed it several times still snapping new refill still snapping phoned Paul who said send them back faulty batch.However problem still there with replacements another phone call to Paul advice this time drop dpi to 300, this seems to work but what when a job requires 600dpi? Any suggestions?

Regards

James

Return to Roland Printers