my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Another Pennsylvania guy!

<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:00 pm

Another Pennsylvania guy!

Just looking over the list of recent member additions and I’m going to attempt to coax one of them, Jeff Lang, out of the shadows. If you look at his profile it says “limited knowledge of traditional & nontraditional sign manufacturing”, yea right! This guy just oozes with talent. Design, fabrication, painting, gilding, etc. it doesn’t matter, the dude is just simply incredible. If you look over any of the pictures from the recent International Letterhead meet here in the US, (US International Letterhead meet), you’ll see Jeff was responsible for the “The Shaw Building” mural. Come on Jeff, introduce yourself and show us some of your work!
<<

Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:39 pm

ahhhh holding out on us jeff :wink:

come on mate "show us your stuff" :D :D :D
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:15 pm

Lets hope you can Bob, I have gained a lot from these boards and try to put back what I can. Some of the work shown on this site is really inspirational, and shows what can be done if you put your mind to it.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:43 pm

Thats a little thick?

Alright Bob, You were coating it on a little thick, eh?
Thanks for the nice words, & I will try to post when I have something worthwile to contribute. Bob is being a bit quiet about himself!!
I am very impressed with the dynamic of this board & will try to check in and share as often as possible.
I'll see if I can get the knack of sharing some pictures, too.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Jeff
<<

Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:56 pm

thanks jeff... hanging round the site and lending a hand when you can is all we ask... in return we will do or damndest to help you when you have a problem of your own....
thanks for the comment on the site... the site isnt the busiest site on the net but i / we are aiming to try and make it that little bit more unique..

theres lots more to come to the site... hope you all will enjoy when it comes about.. :wink:
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:10 pm

A bit thick? :o Truth hurts I guess. :wink:

Here is Jeff’s project from a small local Letterhead meet from earlier this year. Everyone that was attending was assigned a letter project. The only guideline or request was to keep it under 12” x 12”. After that, anything goes; paint, vinyl, digital, gild, etc. it was up to each individual.

Image Image

As you can see, Jeff thinks outside the box and turns his “X” project into an impressive multilayer, gild, dimensional piece. Not taking anything away from the others, but just pointing out how he approaches projects with a fresh and open mind. Anyway, here is a picture of him getting ready to lay up some gold leaf on glass project.

More pictures of the projects (plus larger versions of the one's pictured here) can be found at, Chuck Wago Day at Big City Signs.

Signed,
A Jeff Lang fan! :cool:
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:07 pm

Hi
I have just had a look at this guys work. How did you make it & from what?
What tools do you have to use to make something like this… oh and how much would something like this cost.
Im afraid I don’t see me having the time or the skill to create something as beautiful as this but i would love to know more about it… keep us posted please.

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat