my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

<<

sharpsigns

Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:51 am

how many times have you been painting sheets of plywood with a paint roller and once you give them there first coat and leave them to dry for a few hours. only to discover your rollers is a little hard or a skin has formed when you return to give them there second coat.
well here is a tip i saw in a magazine that works. when in between giving boards there coats of paint. put the roller sleeve in an empty pringles tub. it will keep it moist and skin free for a day or so.
hope this is of use to some of you guys as it is to me.
does anyone else have some little tricks up there sleeves that we could maybe all use?
<<

Paul Davenport

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:11 pm

wrapping them in cling film also works
<<

greg adams

Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 4:44 pm

here is a tip
have you ever wanted to imply a graphic or logo in the background of your sign and have text and stuff running over it all.
you dont want the background graphic to stand out but be noticable. the only way to do this is to use a colour almost same as the backing board but darker or lighter than it but only ever so slightly. this is hard because of the limited coulour range in vinyl. well my tip is to use glass etch vinyl! its semi transparent so it lets the colour of the board come through but also gives a darkening of the colour at the same time. its maybe hard to imagine but works excellent. try it on somthing small to begin with.
<<

Michael.

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:07 pm

Hey Greg...

what a great idea! - I often use 'ghosts' in the background but hadn't thought of using etch before? - Until recently there used to be a tinted vinyl we bought called 'smoke' which had a similar effect it was just a dark tinted semi-transparent vinyl but the problem was when it was placed over certain colours (like yellow) it justlooked mucky instead of tinted so you had to test it with different colours just in case...

but a great idea - I'll try that one!

best regards

mike

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat