my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Flamin graphic designers

<<

Stuart@Abacus

Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:46 am

Flamin graphic designers

I have been asked by one of our regular clients top make some advertising boards. One of the clients is Highland Spring. They have some spotty nosed designer, freelance guy. I was sent a disk with the artwork on it, it happened to be on mac format so was useless to me. I called him back asking for pc basedd eps file of the artwork but I cannot make head nor tail of it. When he asked what package we used to open it, I replied Signlab. His scoff about cheap crap hes never heard of had me speechless.

Has anyone else got the a copy of anything from Highland spring or would anyone mind having a look at the file see if they can help.

Any help would be much appreciated.
<<

Michael.

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:09 am

The world's full of 'em Stuart...ignore them!...funny how some people, just becasue they use Macs, think they are somehow superior to those using PC based systems...truth is, it's got nothing to do with what you've got but what you can do with it!

As for reading a Mac File, then Steve at Signagrpahic (or his colleague Martin) may be able to help...give em a call - I have before now!

more soon

mike
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:25 pm

Stuart, if you can e-mail or get the files to me I might be able to help you, I use PC's for all my work but I have a mac which I bought a while ago before I found out about dual platform software. I can access most software graphic designers use.
<<

Phill Fenton

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:27 pm

Don't get me started on Graphic designers (hot)
<<

Marcella Ross

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:30 pm

MAC files

:lol:
I use a smal piece of software called MACdrive2000, it allows me to open MAC files on the PC, the less I have to talk to Graphic designers the better I say!

Marcella
<<

Paul Davenport

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:10 am

if he is sending you illustrator eps files, just ask him to save them for PC format, we have this trouble at work but (unless he is using an old crappy copy of illustrator) the mac illustrator can save in a pc format, works fine for us

also get them in .ai format, cause signlab can open illustrator files cant it.....can it ???????
<<

Paul Davenport

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:13 am

or mail em to us and i will run them thro graphic converter so you can read them
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:38 pm

If they are saved as an Illustrator eps then they are dual platform, ie they will open on either a mac or a pc. There is also a software converter from mac to pc called transmac, its shareware and a free downloadable version will convert files upto about 1.4 meg any bigger and you need to register and pay the shareware fee of about £40.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:52 pm

next time he rings up ask him if he's aware that an anagram of "graphic designer" is

PIGGISH RED CRANE

or

GRAPHIC RING SEED

or even

DECIPHER RING GAS

think about it :o :o :o :o

ANDY
<<

signscript

3 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:10 pm

ahhh you forgot

HCREGIND P.I.G A.R.S.E
<<

Don Coplen

Post Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:02 pm

Hi folks!

A mac AI or EPS file should import without problems into Signlab. It also helps when the mac fellow saves as a version 6 or earlier.

Return to General Sign Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group