my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Pantone colours on edge 2

<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:55 pm

Pantone colours on edge 2

We have just heard back from a customer that signs printed as a pantone colour have printed wrong - the shade is much too dark. Unfortunately these were on 8' x 4' 3mm aluminium and there is no way we could trust the carrier to bring them back undamaged, so a site visit will be needed to put them right. I would be interested to know what other Edge 2 users have their settings on for pantone prints.
Settings I used were schotchcal 220 vinyl on 600x300dpi, but printing onto oracal 651 with signfoil process colours.
I have noticed that printing in edge 1 mode seems to give a much more accurate colour but would appreciate any advice.
<<

Adrian Howard

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:07 pm

it is usually hit and miss we print test strips and match up to the pantone chart and for about 10 mins work usually get one strip quite accurate
also using spectratone book can come close to most pantones just using 2 spot colours if you dont have one let me know the pantone ref and i will check the book and see if 2 spots match

Adrian
<<

stephenbenson

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:23 pm

Simple Answer

I think the simple way to prevent this problem occurring is that with any digital output device you should print out a colour swatch of all the spot colours that may be achieved on your media - Then get the customer to pick the match, pantone or whatever.

Same with vinyls. Get the customer to decide which is the best match to his / her desired colour, pantone or whatever and sign off on that. I know this doesn't help with this job but might prevent a recurrence.

Return to General Printing Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group