Categories
  • TIMELINE

Impressive work Down Under

<<

Gray.Hodge

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:28 pm

Impressive work Down Under

After reading a feature article about Danthonia Designs in July/Aug SignCraft, I looked up their site http://www.danthoniadesigns.com.au/aboutus.htm

You will see some beautiful dimensional work in HD urethane board. Does anyone else have any experience using this?
________
Last edited by Gray.Hodge on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:29 pm

Gray,

There are some pictures and a few words from myself about the material in the past thread titled gorilla glue from the states! Fellow statesmen Pierre has a few words about the “schtuff” as well. Pierre probably has more working experience with the material then anybody else that I’m aware of. Should be a good source if you have any specific questions and he can afford the time.
<<

F. Skierk

2 Star Contributor

Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:18 pm

Thank you both for the links.
There is some truly unbelievable work out there.
This is an eye opener I can tell you. :o

A little over my head but amazing none the less!
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:31 pm

Hi Gray
Sorry for not replying to this post but I seem to have missed it...
yeh! I saw those pics in the mag... Excellent stuff... Im delighted you posted the link as I have just book marked it for a closer look later.
The europhane board is amazing stuff & so easy to work with.
I have very little knowledge of the product as we rarely get the chance to quote for it.
With work like bob posted and the type of stuff Pierre does I reckon its a must move from the wood carving days. Even though I do think woodcarvings varnished look awesome.
i have a few sheets of the board in stock and i keep promising do try somthing with it for posting on the boards. a kind of rookies guide to using the stuff.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway i could rabble on here as this type of work really makes me want to whip out the carving tools and make a mess of somthing...anything. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Gray.Hodge

5 Star Contributor

Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:48 pm

Bit over my head too Sally. Rob I've not had any experience with carving by hand but the idea does make me think about a computerised router.
Trouble is, the darn things cost so much, and in our small area I doubt whether it would pay for itself.

Still, food for thought.

I have been in touch with them and have recieved an invitation to visit and have a look around. The distance is the equivelant of travelling from Liverpool to the west coat of Ireland, but next time I'm in NSW I will get to see them.
________
Last edited by Gray.Hodge on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:02 pm

i do have a short demo up my sleeve gray.. so check back pretty soon and ill show you a couple of things i learnt back in Nam! :wink:
as for the router.. yeh your right play it safe. its a brill thing to have but it must pay for itself. 15 thousand for a half decent one. you have to go into a new market to make work pay that kind of cash... same thing with digi printing... waite and see what i mean in my demo i think it may get some ideas rolling in your head mate... :)

Return to General Sign Topics