my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

<<

steve

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:49 pm

Sorry to say guys i will have to change my name On Monday night my wife and I were attacked in our own home by 4 brain dead thugs hell bent on stealing my Subaru Impreza from the drive i honestly thought they would have killed us had they not been spooked by a neighbour the car is going back to the leasing company as soon as they can get me a Ford Focus 1.3- I want to stay alive- For gods sake guys watch your mirrors. In the Bradford area every type of car/violent crime is happening to just about anybody they nudge you in the rear at traffic lights you get out to smack them another one jumps you and drives away your car if you resist they knife you! they break into your house to steal the keys they drag you out of your car or work van... good game huh? great life.... if you resist which we all want to do they will resort to weaponary i personally would have killed the pillock who was trying to break into my house- who is then in the WRONG ..US THE VICTIM!! this country sucks has anybody else suffered at the hands of these degenerates?
my new sign Uk handle will be steve its got a certain ring to it hasnt it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subaru on 2002-02-27 15:51 ]</font>
<<

Michael.

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 6:00 pm

Steve...

Can't tell you how it made me feel to read your message. I am not an agressive person myself and I can't imagine how such a thing would leave me feeling...I'm totally sickened and lost for words. My wife and I send our best wishes to you both and hope you can somehow shrug this off and that it doesn't leave too big a scar...

What can you do? - you can't live your life behind barracades and deadbolts - what these scum have done is the sickest lowest thing imaginable...give the missus a big hug (yours not mine :lol:) and move on...at least your both ok...sort of...

anyway, that new name thing...what about changing your name to ford fo'carse eh! :lol:

(rest assured I get a lot of stick about my little old Corsa!..lol)

all the very best to you both...

"...we who paint pictures in the minds of passers-by, we who with temptation hold the eye..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mike on 2002-02-27 17:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mike on 2002-02-27 17:06 ]</font>
<<

eddie cotter

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 10:25 pm

real sorry to hear this story,i would love to be a judge, i know what i would do with
scum like that, keep the chin up, regards from tipperary
<<

Graham Scanlan

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:09 pm

sorry to read your post,
i've heard a lot of news on car jacking in one form or another. Just a quick fact that i was'nt aware of. If your bumped in your car from behind and you dont like the look of the driver you are in your rights to drive off, and as long as you report the accident within 24 hours you are not breaking the law.

i do drive a nice car and fingers crossed nothing comes my way.
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:42 am

Sorry to hear about that Subaru. Hope all is well and you can move on mate.

As for your name if you can?t change it let me know as I can from my end. It would be a pleasure as like most words in the English dictionary I spell it wrong :lol:

If im out in the van and someone nudges me from behind I do drive of like moon said. But that?s just coz im thinking it?s a customer trying to get hold of me for a dodgy job I did. :lol: now that?s not true ..Honest. ahem! ahem!
<<

Joe McNamara

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:16 am

Hey subaru,
Sorry to hear about what happened to you.
We had our house burgled about 6 months ago while we were asleep upstairs!! and its a mid terrace with a streetlamp right outside for fecks sake.
I've beefed up security now and take no chances.....big halogen that lights up the front when you step in...lots of locks etc.
Anyway I don't see why you should give up yer scooby just cos of a few idiots.
I have been a car security contractor for the last five years - on and off - (even fitted the sigma system for subaru you've probably got:-) ). If you want to keep the car, go and see someone in car security - it's easy to set it to lock doors with ignition on and open them with ignition off- many new higher end cars are now fitting this as standard. There is also a system on the market that lets you call a number if the car is stolen and it will kill the ignition and fuel pump and set the alarm off - they won't stay in that car too long! No car is worth getting killed over( specially jap crap- hee hee) so if you want to keep the car you could look into having one of these suggestions fitted to it - chin up mate and don't give in.
Glad to hear you're both OK.
Best wishes
Signjoe
<<

steve

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:17 am

What can I say thanks guys for your sincere postings and good wishes i feel very very confused i know if i take these thugs on i will go too far and kill one of them what is the point of spending the rest of my life banged up! the motor fantastic though it is is 3 yo in October i was going to replace it with an STI or Audi TT what chance of keeping those? the fear factor alonewould be enough to make every mile travelled a nightmare i,ve had enough if the thugs dont get me the tax man will!! i quite fancy a Mondeo now! anybody driven one? Robert could you please change my handle to Steve asap
nice to have someone to listen!
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:27 am

will do mate no probs.
but are you sure you want
"steve asap" or is it "steve is a sap" :lol:
just kidding mate ill do it now.

ok steve names changed just mind use that when logging in from now on.

robert

"Lets grow together..."

Administrator of:
UKSG uksigngroup@hotmail.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: robert on 2002-02-28 10:33 ]</font>

Return to General Sign Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad