my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

supplier please of free standing banner please?

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:27 pm

supplier please of free standing banner please?

I've been asked to supply a 16ft x 4ft banner, to be freestanding in front of a show home (presumably a building site) but the customer doesn't want to go to the expense of a banner frame as it is for very short term use, then the banner will be sited elsewhere.

Assuming the ground to be suitable, would I get away with using fencing stakes (ie 5 ft long 3" circumference wooden posts) driven into the ground at 4 ft intervals, then the banner attached with the screw/washer method?

I can't think of any other way to do it :roll: :-? Any ideas?

Cheers, Dewi
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:14 pm

did one just before xmas for a house builder i suggested to him that the scaffolders build a frame then we cable tied the banner to it through the eyelets worked fine and the scaffolders didn't charge him as they were erecting all the other scaffold..............
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:13 pm

Re: Freestanding Banner

Dewi wrote:I've been asked to supply a 16ft x 4ft banner, to be freestanding in front of a show home (presumably a building site) but the customer doesn't want to go to the expense of a banner frame as it is for very short term use, then the banner will be sited elsewhere.

Assuming the ground to be suitable, would I get away with using fencing stakes (ie 5 ft long 3" circumference wooden posts) driven into the ground at 4 ft intervals, then the banner attached with the screw/washer method?

I can't think of any other way to do it :roll: :-? Any ideas?

Cheers, Dewi

Dewi, that is they way I'd probably do it although I'd use 4" posts. I'd put blow holes in the banner face too, so if you get a big wind, it will not act like a sail and put the whole thing over. I'd also 'Y' brace the centre or end posts with star pickets just for safety's sake

Cheers
Shane
<<

Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:17 pm

Dewi
With all the high wind have you considered using mesh to print on rather than solid banner, just as inexpensive and great resuls.
Frank
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:17 am

Nice one :D I'm considering using Macky's idea with the pipe banner frame, then supporting the uprights as you say Shane :D

I'd use mesh Frank, but its a bit beyond my capabilities print wise, and if they wanted alterations, I wouldn't be able to do them ( I get alot of repeat custom and end up stripping banners/signs for customers to reletter them with new offers etc etc).

Adrian, if they have scaffolding nearby, I'd be over the moon, but I think it's going in the show home garden. Thinking about it though, it may be a walled garden, if it is the wind may not be as much of a problem. Still be fitting it with the flappy thingies though (oh my, how technical am I :lol1: )

Thank you for the help chaps :D

Cheers, Dewi

Return to Neon, LED, Lighting