my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Ebay :)

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:13 pm

Ebay :)

Just decided to share as I have a smile on my face as I managed not to get ripped off by an Ebay con man.

Bid on a Roland CX-24 today and won.
Seller was listing on UK Ebay but was from Italy with UK contact details.
Anyway I won he only wanted Western Union for payment no security there. He tried to state that I could use a name other than his as the recievers name to secure the payment. Anyway UK contact details were false....very posh lady in the UK answere his contact number. She had the same Tel No for years and didn't know him from Adam. So posted negative feedback and informed seller of my desire not to proceed. He replied back very promptly.

"You know what ... you are a piece of sheet , why the (oh, im a bad boy!) did you bid, shame that you have 122 feedback rating and you are so stupid.
Go and shoot your self"

Im only really anoyed that he could not use correct English when slagging me off..... :lol1:

Have Emailed all other that bid....any must go as I need a sheet.

Tim.

If the deal sounds to good it usually is.....
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:46 pm

Been there.....

I am selling a registration number on Ebay at the moment and you
would not credit how many idiots have emailed me through ask buyer a question all off them just asking stupid questions the first 3 i answered
and i just delete them now... 1200 hits so far 27 watchers and its not moving maybe the last day it will shift

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2280766330&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:06 pm

:o SPOT THE CON ARTIST Selling PC600 & CUTTERS ON EBAY:o

1 Feedback Normally 0 :roll:

2 Registered For Two to Three Months (no PURCHASES OR SALES)

3 PRIVATE AUCTION BIDDERS IDENTITIES HIDDEN

4 NO RESERVE ON NEARLY NEW PC600

If In Doubt Ask Seller Where They Are Based If You Can Collect And Pay On Collection. (:) THEY WONT REPLY.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:23 pm

I do a bit of lurking in Ebay, so my question to you all knowing knowledgable lot is ....How do you find out who is bidding and who is lurking??????

I have missed something here. :roll:
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:30 pm

DOH! just used my noodle and............couldn't see the woods for the trees!!!!!!!! :roll:
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:48 am

I just sld a bike on Ebay got the 2 highest bidders with -5 feedback apparently they bid on 70 bikes in 1/2 an hour and screwed a lot of deals up. I was lucky the third was a genuine buyer and he accepted.

On another note I bid on a quad lochnessy was his handle so presumed it was in Scotland. Even though at the time I knew it was too cheap and didn't think I would win with the bid I did.

Turns out he was fron Slovenia and was going to deposit 9000 eoruos in my account from a friend in the UK who owed him money. I had to send him the difference so he could pay for the shipping and in the mean time after you send the money they take the original amount back from your account apparently.

Wonder if they could do that if the account was empty play them at their own game would love to try it if possible.

Another was to send him money in a different name he checks the money is deposited and sends you the goods an you change the name to his account to withdraw it. Think its gonna sit there long enough to be able to do that. NOT

Apparently to be safe don't touch anything with moneygram OR Western Union you have no comeback against fraud.

Goop
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:18 am

yip a couple of pc60s and 600s on ebay at the moment, which Im on the lookout for, some joker has no feedback etc and when I asked any questions there are no forthcoming responses. I even said I would go to london to see the machine and Ive heard nowt. Again payment was to be western union which is meant to be v dodgy, please avoid these jokers!
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:35 pm

Well as long as we look out for each other on this site we'll be OK :D

Thanks for the warnings......... especially for me who tends to get all excited at an auction: I don't stop to think and just assume everybody is on the level

How does this scum sleep at night?

John
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:57 pm

Probably like a very wealthy baby john (:)

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat