my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

<<

Robert Lambie

Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 2:33 am

We currently have beeline 1 & 2 vector clipart CD's. My question is this. Does anyone know or own any clipart CD's that are better. I don?t mean ones from the USA just the ones available in the UK. (Although I think beeline is actually from the USA anyhow)
I thought about it as I am thinking on buying a new one. But none sprung to mind.
Beeline is great and tons to choose from but there are a few good trades and areas not covered on both CD's.
What started me thinking about it was I saw on EBAY a pack of about 9 CD's full of vector clipart for about $80 there where hundreds of thousands of images on them...
Why is it always the yanks that get the good stuff first... :roll: :roll:
Anyway why am I asking this if it was on ebay?? I found it about 30 secs to go before the last bid. & Missed it by the time I had finished reading about them?dooh!

robert
"Lets grow together..."

Administrator of:
UKSG
uksigngroup@hotmail.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: robert on 2002-01-13 01:39 ]</font>
<<

Brian Hays

5 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 3:39 am

We import Beeline from Denmark, the company we buy them from have all their own artists that draw their stuff. It's not American!

They are also working on some new stuff which hopefully will be around soon.
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 7:56 pm

Wasn?t sure exactly where it was from
But I did see a web page asking for distributors of the software. & The web page definitely belonged to some one from the USA.
But like you say it may well come from Holland...
<<

Brian Hays

5 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:57 pm

Is this a wind up? where u get Holland from!

Kehlet Reklame are the people that produce it. Mad Dog have the sole rights to sell it in the U.S.A. but it still comes from the same place :smile:

taka look at their site if you like.

http://www.bee-line.dk/
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am

oops sorry brian. dont know why i put that in. lol my mind must have been in the clouds.
anyway i think the location of were it was produced is a little irrelivent. my post is more to do with the fact of why does the uk sign trade only have one brand of clipart discs amoungst us... (half descent ones anyway)
i think i will have to look into this a bit more. im sure there will be manufacturers out there willing to do a good deal for our group.
<<

Brian Hays

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:46 pm

You are right there is not very much around. We have tried getting stuff from the states but there is not much there either.

99% of the stuff on these clip art collections with 250,000 images+ is unusable especially when outputing to vinyl.

We have asked Beeline if they could produce a cd with trade stuff on like carpenters, brickies etc. We have been asked for this a lot especially stuff more serious & less cartoonish. They have said they will do it so we'll havta wait & see.
<<

Paul Davenport

4 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 10:11 pm

we use or rather our designer uses one of those 750'000'000 million clip art packages ( i think its from pc world) and he always seems to find something right for the job in hand, we have the mac version

Return to General Software Topics

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation
UK Sign Group