my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Spandex, Image perfect vinyl - What is your own experience, views and opinions please?

<<

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 am

Spandex, Image perfect vinyl - What is your own experience, views and opinions please?

Hi all.

My supplier is pushing the image perfect brand, telling me it meets all the specs of avery but at a lower cost.

Does anyone use their products, IP 5700 as their universal vinyl and how about the print range?

Im an Avery guy, use 700 range for everything and also mpi2680 on the printing side.

I did use IP2578P a few months back which is their 2D cast wrap range. I had hoped to use Avery 1104 but the price difference didnt allow. I liked the product but as its 2D not sure what the limitations are. Assuming on complicated bumpers especially a 3D range would need to be used.

Do you think we often over spec our vinyl? could 2D cast wrap be effective on most jobs.
Attachments
WP_20190910_14_35_32_Pro_LI11.jpg
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:21 am

Re: Image perfect vinyl- experience?

I’ve used the 5700 series for years, I find it a really good vinyl and really well priced. I also use several other digital vinyls if there’s too, most commonly IP2556 which again is very well priced and a material I’ve never had any issues with!
<<

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks luke
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:30 pm

We have used the 5700 range for quite some time now. Cuts and weeds nicely, good range of colours and keenly prices. No complaints from me
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Re: Spandex, Image perfect vinyl - What is your own experience, views and opinions please?

I've used the 5700 series for as long as I can remember and swear by it for everyday work. I certainly think some jobs are over spec'd, especially when fitting supplied graphics that are predominantly Avery vinyls when IP5700 would be perfect and a lot easier to work with.
IP5700 is on a par with Metamark M7 which I also use a lot of (made at the factory I was told years ago).
It cuts and weeds very well as Iain said.
I'm not keen on IP digital vinyl though so use Metamark for pretty much all my digital stuff.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:24 am

Re: Spandex, Image perfect vinyl - What is your own experience, views and opinions please?

5700 for all general flat work, nice and easy to work with panel lips must be folded in so only one way no stretching. did try some wrap stuff that came on a clear backing hated that. for wrap use what you trust cheaper in the long run.
it was called ultramark a long time ago changed a bit over the years shows how long i have used it. i got pushed on to avery for a bit a fare while ago but that was disastrous some of you may remember.
<<

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:18 am

Thanks for your input guys. I will give it a try then :thumbsup:
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 am

Chris Wool wrote: it was called ultramark a long time ago changed a bit over the years shows how long i have used it..

I used the Ultramark brand too Chris back in the 90's - where have the years gone! :-)
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:11 pm

I've used it for 15 years, since I started, and the firm I worked for before that also used it which is why I stuck with it.
If I remember correctly Ultramark became Metamark, hence the change in name to Image perfect, although I stand to be corrected on that one, but yes, supposedly made in the same place in Lancaster although both brands seem to have differed in recent years but colours are almost identical.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 am

according to the metamark rep same business estate two different factories. although similar products they are not the same make up. both very good take your choice. still love md5 for general print even though the price keeps creeping up
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:11 pm

+1 for the IP5700 from me too. Been using it since I started. Probably on 80% of my jobs.

I shell out a bit more for the PA (perfect apply) version which makes life 10X easier. Less colour range but great stuff.
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 pm

I see that any 5700 perfect apply colour can now be purchased as a high tack version too! Keen to see this!

Return to Vinyl