Categories
  • TIMELINE

Trade Supplier of Short Run Embroidery

<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:35 am

Trade Supplier of Short Run Embroidery

Morning All,

Hope everyone is not suffering from the rain too badly.
Have never normally got involved in Clothing & Embroidery jobs, no major reason, just not my thing.

Now found myself in need of this service.
Anyone on here provide this service to the trade or able to suggest someone to contact who does supply to trade.
Only a small amount sadly but could grow over time and happy to supply the clothing so its just the Embroidery itself i'm looking for. Although if its cost effective I'd want a quote for some clothing.

Cheers
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Re: Trade Supplier of Short Run Embroidery

The unit next door to me does all this,
https://www.mowbraysportsclothing.co.uk/
Speak to Geoff, he does all the invoicing and order etc :).
They have a few machines and the quality is excellent.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Many thanks
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:20 pm

You’ll need someone close to you. As you’ll have to post the clothing to the embroiderer, then they’ll have to return them.

Could be just a cheap to go to your nearest embroidery shop
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:07 am

Denise Goodfellow wrote:You’ll need someone close to you. As you’ll have to post the clothing to the embroiderer, then they’ll have to return them.

I have used a local supplier before but wasn't happy with their work to be honest.
Thank you kindly though.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 am

We had a similar problem, we were always at the back of the queue with the embroiderer, quality was never mind blowing so we ended up buying a twin head machine & regretted it ever since. A lot of work for very little return. I don’t really have much to do with the clothing side of the business, I think I glaze over once the conversation turns to polo shirts. Happy to talk van livery & sign trays, just can’t get excited about hoodies.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:42 am

Kevin Mahoney wrote:We had a similar problem, we were always at the back of the queue with the embroiderer, quality was never mind blowing so we ended up buying a twin head machine & regretted it ever since. A lot of work for very little return. I don’t really have much to do with the clothing side of the business, I think I glaze over once the conversation turns to polo shirts. Happy to talk van livery & sign trays, just can’t get excited about hoodies.

I know the feeling, that's why i always stay away. Bespoke fabrication and creating things other people turn away is what i do. Few £ here and there on a stag or hen night set of t-shirts is just not for me. Corporate contracts i'm sure are different. Only reason i'm looking now is by partners new business is in need of clothing items through sponsorship etc
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 am

Swings & roundabouts in my experience. The smaller runs are a bit of a ball ache as they’re not worth the set up, large jobs don’t have much margin as they tend to go to the lowest bidder which usually won’t be a sign maker doing it as a sideline. Don’t get me wrong, at the end of the year when you add up what you’ve actually made on clothing, cards, duplicate pads, mugs etc. It adds up to a decent chunk, not a retirement plan but not to be ignored. I ended up taking the machine home along with the heat presses & dye sub printers. My daughter does all of it from the garage. She enjoys it & all we do is take orders & payment. Works for me
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:06 pm

My industrial estate was a few units, 27 units in total, we have 2 of them, there are 3 garages, a fabrics place has a full block of 4, and in total, there are 3 embroidery companies on the same estate! They all kindof have different markets, but do overlap. The ones next door have the most machines, and they work about 16 hours a day! Not a lot of margin in it for the big boys, never mind the smaller ones
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

James Culpin wrote:
Denise Goodfellow wrote:You’ll need someone close to you. As you’ll have to post the clothing to the embroiderer, then they’ll have to return them.

I have used a local supplier before but wasn't happy with their work to be honest.
Thank you kindly though.

Surely there’s more than one shop in your area. If it’s local you can easily call in to see them. A faceless shop on the net is much harder to deal with if it goes pete tong
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Try Awesome Merch, quite cheap. My step son used them for his barbers shirts when we were too busy to do them
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Denise Goodfellow wrote:Try Awesome Merch, quite cheap. My step son used them for his barbers shirts when we were too busy to do them

Many thanks

Return to General Sign Topics