my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Damaged goods, should the buyer be held responsible?

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 pm

I posted in haste and have now spoken to Steve from Ashby Trade and he has agreed to replace our sign (despite it not being his fault with the blame laying with the courier) and I posted in a moment of anger...

Thankfully the customer gets their sign and fingers crossed Ashby get refunded by the couriers, too many couriers shirk their responsibility to handle our goods with appropriate care.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Wed May 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Re: Damaged goods, should the buyer be held responsible?

The problem with items and couriers....

A product gets damaged or lost, who pays. The courier, but by using them you agree with their terms etc.

We send quite a few bits out using Royal Mail, yes some get lost or damaged. We tried to claim once or twice, but they make it super difficult that you have to ask is it worth it.
Our first claim was a box of graphics to an over seas customer. The total was £500+ to him.
But I can only claim what it cost me in materials. I cannot claim for our time or profit.
Out of that £500 the materials were not even £75 in vinyl. To claim for the materials we had to supply invoices for the vinyl and a detailed list of how much per graphic was used.....

Over a certain money amount we ask the customer to get a courier to pick up and deliver, saying out courier is far to expensive to use for bigger boxes. This way it’s their headache.

Smaller claims of lost or damaged items we just resend out, don’t even bother ringing the Royal Mail now.

And don’t get me started on myhermes ....
<<

3 Star Contributor

Post Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Re: Damaged goods, should the buyer be held responsible?

After successfully sending out large signs with dpd for a number of years, recently we have had so many damages. Same situation as Denise when it comes to claiming, just not worth the hassle!

We have now started to use a local same day courier for the large signs, which typically travel between 30 to 60 miles away. Client picks up the extra cost. They get their order a day earlier and in perfect condition as it leaves here and goes straight to them!
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Wed May 08, 2019 10:31 pm

Parcel2go or parcel monkey. Insure each parcel at full amount. This is what I do now after recently DPD lost my parcel. Without insurance claiming is almost impossible.

Return to General Sign Topics