my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Flexisign problem, Production manager not responding & cannot change any plotter or port.

<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Flexisign problem, Production manager not responding & cannot change any plotter or port.

For some reason best known to itself Flexistarter Production manager won't let me go into set-up after re-installing. I press the appropriate button and it just gives a flash and nothing happens. This means I can't change the plotter reference or port and have to transfer everything over to awful Artcut to cut any vinyl. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but hasn't solved the problem.
I know it wasn't that expensive to buy but after numerous calls to the supplier and the manufacturer (SAi) I'm still no further on....anybody come across this before?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 pm

Re: Help! Flexisign playing up! Production manager not responding so can't change any plotter or por

SAI are terrible all lip service. Bought a new HP with flexi sign & nothing but issues.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Flexisign problem, Production manager not responding & cannot change any plotter or port.

Thanks Bernard,
maybe time to invest in Signlab or similar...
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Re: Flexisign problem, Production manager not responding & cannot change any plotter or port.

I’ve used Flexi for years now and never had any issues. Currently have the latest cloud version and is sweet as a nut
<<

4 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:35 pm

I have SAI RIP and support has been great on two occasions
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:41 pm

yes, I have the cloud version too and it was great until it started doing this out of the blue. I've been limping along with Artcut as my plotting software but now things are getting busy again I need production manager back. Unfortunately the after sales are no help...
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:22 am

Did you purchase it direct or through a reseller Martin?
Forgot to say I have the full Print/Cut software
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:21 pm

yes, they suggested it was a fault with my PC, but why would it work alright on Artcut then?
May have to go down that route as a last resort I suppose - more expense!!
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 pm

Who told you to change your PC SAI?? Bull (oh i swore !) changed my PC 3 times could of ran NASA with the last one still solved nothing. Then printer rep landed to test with there budget lap top
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi guys, thanks for all your advice.
New twist to this saga: Artcut refusing to cut anything now!! Will cut a square box but anything else sends the cutting head scurrying up the length of the plotter to collide with the end stop!!.

Wits end has been reached and running out of excuses to customers Now what? Do I spend more money on software that only works for a (small) finite time or pack the whole thing in and find something better to do with my time (guess which one I feel like doing?). Any suggestions on software that works properly gratefully received...
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:47 am

How are you communicating with the cutter, USB?
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Sorry to not get back more promptly...Yes, I'm using USB
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Save the files on the desktop. USB shouldn’t be used to RIP files from.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Not quite understanding that - I'm using a USB cable from my PC to the plotter instead of the old multi-pronged thingy, is that what you mean? I'm going to go back to that connection anyway and see if it makes a difference...

Return to Computers