Categories
  • TIMELINE

Dave Rowland says... "ello" again.

<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:52 pm

Dave Rowland says... "ello" again.

'Ello

Some of you have seen me post over the last few months and I did stumble across this site a few years ago, it is a great site and hope to join up in a bigger way, wanted to talk to my collegues first but thought I would update the profile as I have posted a fair bit now.

My name is Dave Rowland, I work for a number of companies as an assistant to print/sign production, my main skills are computers as I am a programmer but have spent over 10 years working in printing from t-shirts, silk screen stickers/production printing, digital printing leaflet & inkjet, litho and the last 2-3 working mainly with the Sign Shop/Signs of Success in Barnstaple in North Devon learning the trade of Signage. I have been involved with Signs for over 10 years but I lack the physical signage skills but I am well adapt with the design and systems softwares Shiraz, Fiery, Corel, Adobe etc).

So, I have always been someone who likes to help out and hope to offer some assistance to someone here.

Cheers
Dave
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:02 pm

Ello Dave :D

Crikey 2003 ...... its taken you a while to say hello but better late than never :wink: Good of you to take the time to give us all a bit of an update and add your pic.

:D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:10 pm

thank you carrie. 80 vs 2000 post count and moderation on top, only 6 months between our registrations and you could be termed as a "post count junkie!"
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:13 pm

DaveRowland wrote:you could be termed as a "post count junkie!"

:lol1: Makes a change from being a "font spotter" or one of many other names I seem to have gathered along the way.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:21 pm

Hi Dave,
I'm a post junkie. I have been attending meetings though and I think with a little help from my friends I can make it through this problem.
Thanks for the background info, I'm sure I will be asking you for help soon. :D Do you want to do more production work on signs or are you more happy designing them?
-Marek
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:54 pm

Howdy Dave.
I have quite a few posts chalked up myself.
Glad ya finally introduced yerself.
Love....Jill
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:13 pm

hi dave!! :P

will probably be asking you a few tips on the computer side of things!! :P
great to have you onboard!! :D

nik
<<

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:16 pm

welcome aboard mate, good to have you and thanks for loading your pic. :D
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:26 pm

Carrie wrote:
DaveRowland wrote:you could be termed as a "post count junkie!"

:lol1: Makes a change from being a "font spotter" or one of many other names I seem to have gathered along the way.

Indeed, Keeper of the Shovel, Watcher of Fonts, Partaker in the Scooby Fest, Raider of the Lost Post and Handler of the whip... so Counter of the Posts can be added no problem at all! :D

Hi and Welcome Dave :D

We're all sane.. well, most of us are... you can tell the people who are a little nutty as their names appear in different colours in the Who's On list :lol1:

Cheers, Dewi
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:09 pm

Re: Dave says " 'ello"

Well well well... it's now 2019 and UKSignboards is speedie on my screen, was a while ago that this place was very slow and also with so many changes over the years. I haven't been here for a while, I no longer connect myself as a sign maker, I am now a postman and still self-employed and doing non-sign making work however recently got back into the T-Shirt printing game but no equipment here.

How things have changed since 2005 / 14 years ago since I became part of this group and sure enough became a regular back then, many of you became my friends but hardly speak now, birmingham NEC became a focal point of the calendar, many times we would end up until the early hours in some dodgy venue wasting all of our money !

So, what happened to me? I moved on from the Sign Makers I was part of but at the time many things happened that some of you know, I lost my Dad and I had many issues in my personal life, made some very difficult decisions and lost a another person in my life as well as helping my mother fight a cancer scare.

After some very difficult times over the last five years I was free of a burden but ended up with without much money to even live on, I joined Royal Mail 4 years ago and only working part time, still part time and I also work with eBay / Amazon and now some online work, I have over the last four years attempted to rebuild my life after the difficulties I have had.

So, I am currently watching StarTrek Discoveries at this moment, playing around online and I thought I would see how my old friends are doing. Hope all is well

Dave Rowland aka Mimaki Green Giant !
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Sorry to hear of your struggles Dave. Your contributions in the past were good and often entertaining. Thanks for checking in, and all the best on the rebuild... Dave 2.0.
<<

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Good to see you posting back on the boards instead of through letterboxes Dave! :wink:
You have me on Facebook, so you know I keep up to speed on what you are up to and the hard times you have been through also mate, which cannot be easy!
It is good to see you back on the boards and for what its worth, I think your knowledge on many things sign and print related maybe wasted in your current line of work. I know you helped many out here and off the boards while you were a regular on UKSB.

David Rowland wrote:many of you became my friends but hardly speak now, birmingham NEC became a focal point of the calendar, many times we would end up until the early hours in some dodgy venue wasting all of our money !

hey! there was nothing wrong with those late nights after the SignUK Exhibition, it was "networking" Dave... Networking mate! and many of us still network at the shows... next one coming up in a matter of weeks! :lol:

Joking aside, I hope to see more of you mate and as Duncan says, I wish you all the best mate!
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Re: Dave Rowland says... "ello" again.

Hi Dave, good to see you on here again.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32 am

Thank you...

Networking eh.... I am very good at networking but the protocol is rather dodgy
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 am

Hi Dave - good to see you back on these boards :thumbsup:
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:57 am

Hi Dave,

sorry to hear things have been tough for you.

lots of the old guard that were prominent posters here 12 or so years ago have disappeared,
maybe like me they read now more than post.

All the best

John
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 pm

Hello Dave

Hope your well mate.

Good to see your on the mend!
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Hello Dave you still on my Xbox friend list
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Good to see you back on the boards Dave.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Nice to hear from you Dave, the network man !

Return to Say Hello & Off Topic Chat