my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

what software can i use with a graphtec CE3000-60 610?

<<

del

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:07 am

what software can i use with a graphtec CE3000-60 610?

Hay all!

Im looking into getting a Graphtec CE3000-60 610 as my first cutter, but ima bit overwhelmed as to what software to go for, there is so many to choose:signlab, VM, coral, flxisign...theres SOOO many :o

any comments on witch package to go for? somthing that i could do evrything from one bit of software:design and cut mabie?

cheers

:D
<<

John Singh

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:15 am

Hi Del

Wow that's a loaded question!! :D
We all swear by the programmes we use (swear when they don't work :lol1: )

I believe you can get the entry level packages for some like Signlab
It will allow you to do most things: Design and cut
However as times moves on and you become proficient and expert at using the software you may find that you would like to experiment.
That's where you may find the entry level a little restricted. However if cashflow is a problem at the present time, you may find that later you'll be able to upgrade
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:19 am

Del, I think signlab is the dogs, but i'm biased, have used it for many years,
What sort of experience with gaphic programs do you have?
Graphtec work fine with lots of progs and are one of the best plotters you can buy. So dont skimp on the software, buy the best that you can afford, that you are confortable with. try the demos first, you will soon know which one is for you
Peter
<<

del

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:35 am

yea, im ok with Graphic software...im used to complicated software as i use it all the time for my music, i have photoshop that i know how to use but was realy thinking on the lines of an 'all in one' program. Its mostly for letters with outlines...nothing to flash :D
<<

John Singh

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:46 am

Most of these programmes are designed to allow a certain amount of design and then to send to the cutter.

But as Peter says you may want get the best in the first place as you may have requests from a customers for a little out of the ordinary layout that your software can't handle.

Some have used Corel Draw to design and then used another package to send to plotter to cut (I'm not sure but I think Co Cut does this (?) )
<<

Jayne Marsh

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:13 am

I use Flexi with my Graphtec cutter and find it great. There are various packages available from entry level onwards, this applies to most software.
<<

David-Foster-

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:44 am

I think Signlab, although the Professionals choice, maybe be a bit heavy to start with. I believe it costs a few thousand pounds and has a dongle (which needs insuring)?
As John has said you may be better of starting out with Corel Draw 12 (which you will need anyway even if you have Signlab) which you can get from £70 (legit educational version) and a program that enables you to cut directly from that. Co-cut is one, I have the other one, SignTools3 which is excellent and simple. They are both less than £200. Both have trial versions to download.
<<

Martin Cole

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:49 am

Re: Graphtec CE3000-60 610 +what software??

I'm like Peter, go for the best you can afford, you can outgrow entry level software very quickly all comes down to bucks though.
I've used Signlab for 10 years now, and love it.
<<

Allan Haagensen

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:23 am

Hi Del.

If you purchase a Graphtec CE3000-60 cutter, it comes with software called cutting master. This is basically a plug in which lets you cut any vectorized artwork straight from Adobe illustrator.

So if you have a version of illustrator you've cracked it.

The software is fairly basic and easy to use, simply draw your text or graphic in illustrator, create outline ( turn into vector) and export to cutter.

Just thinking if the cost of other software was an issue you could use the cutting master to start with, see how you get on and maybe upgrade to a pro package at a later date or when money permits.

Hope this helps a little

Regards AL :)
<<

Alan Wharton

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:27 pm

Iv been doing same thing as you del, looking for a decent software, iv tried the demos of most that are out but i have just recieved a demo disc of Vinyl Master Pro ( Thx very much to Nigel and Becky for the Demo Disc :P ) and i dont know why but this software just seems so much easier to use than the others iv tried and it just seems right for me.
Download the demos and try them and im sure you will find 1 that works for you, also on the subject of VMP i think it is 1 of the cheapest going aswell so if you are on a strict budget then have a look at it, i think its £599 atm.
<<

jeffus - Graphtec

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:16 pm

Hi

The latest ce3000Mk2 comes with a plug-in for Corel Draw and Cutting master for Illustrator, a good starting point until you find your ultimate sign software.

cheers

Jeff
<<

Andy Gorman

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Has the issue of cutting direct from Coreldraw been resolved? I tried this when I got my Graphtec and the cutting results were poor. (Using the plotter as a printer, so to speak.) The illustrator plug-in worked fine though.
<<

David-Foster-

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:00 pm

Andy Gorman wrote:Has the issue of cutting direct from Coreldraw been resolved?

Try signtools 3
http://www.asigns.com/SignTools.htm
I found it better than co-cut. Some basic welding and shading tools with it also. Works brilliant on my Ioline plotter and obviously works with any other plotter.
<<

del

2 Star Contributor

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:58 am

HE HE!! JUST GON GOLD!!!

anyways, i have Illustrator and i also have coral (both used for my music artwork)

i think Illustrator may be the way to go as the cutter comes with the plug in.

ill guess ill see how i get on when it gets deleverd on monday. sooo many options :o :o :o

isnt this sight great! :D
Last edited by del on Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Tim Jay

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:22 am

Del, has your cutter arrived yet?

I'm in the same boat as you - just starting out, going to go for the graphtec too. can I ask how much you paid and what you got in the package?
<<

Russell Pavey

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:08 pm

Tim

Got mine a month or so ago .. the cheapest I could find it for was £995 + vat. Came with a free stand also.

http://www.graphicdiscount.co.uk/acatal ... 000_1.html

Russ
<<

southernandy

1 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:34 pm

Corel- best- period.

Sign packages- expensive, inferior copies of Corel.
<<

del

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:24 pm

Hay Tim,

I got mine (arived this morning) thru this here website on the shop page.its the MRKII version and came with the free stand. came in 2 boxes (plotter, stand) and in the box was all the bits n peaces like manual, blade exc.

Havent set it up yet so cant tell u what its like but it gets good reviews here :D

oh yea, is down to £995 + vat dispite it saying its more at the UKSB shop page! :roll:

cheers
<<

Russell Huffer

4 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:53 pm

I agree with your thinking on Illistrator, I do all my layout and designs in Illistrator then simply open the Illistrator file with Felxisign to seperate colours and send to cutter.
I never use Flexi to lay out or design just cut it reads Illistrator files perfectly, if the software that came with it reads Illistrator files in my opinion you have all that you need.
Save money it sounds like you have all that you could want.

Regards

Russell.
<<

del

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:20 pm

hay tim, forgot to say, if you get it thru the shop here on this sight, u will also get a further 5% off the price and if ur a gold member, graftec pays the extra £25 automaticly and ur upgraded to UKSB gold+ member :cool: nice!! and there a great company for after suport, good guys on the phone!
<<

Garry Dundon

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:45 am

Have been using FlexiLetter Pro which is one of the higher versions of flexi for over a year now, quite expensive but has great tools. Find it exceptional for drawing and easy to learn. Have a ce3000-60 also and had a CE2000-60 before that. Never had to change as much as a fuse in either. Top class machines.

Have to say i swear by flexi but everyone to their own.....
<<

Jason Bounds

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:13 pm

Hi Del

I use a Graphtec CE3000-60 with Signlab with no problems at all, signlab already supports the Graphtec plotter and everything is perfect, Signlab 7 vinyl Pro cost me just under £1000 I have also used Vinyl Master Pro with the Graphtec that software cost £499

But i did find i was a little limited with Vinyl Master Pro so i decided to purchase Signlab.

All in all a piece of sign software is probably the most important thing you will purchase, if your finances allow go for a better one you will be glad you did in the end.

(My Opinion Only)

Jas....
<<

Barry Williams

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:18 am

Re:Basix Flexisign package

Greetings all-
some advice needed.
I use Flexi7.5 on ppc iMacs and I fear that their end of life is approaching (14 years old approx).
I export Flexi files as eps to my pc which drives my Roland sp-300v.
Question: I feel that the time has come to migrate to a pc version of Flexi.
Will a basic version of Flexi suit my needs in that I could create signs in Flexi and export for printing to Versaworks/Roland.
I use a DGI 80 Omega plotter and presume that the driver would be available in a basic
Flexi.
An early 7.5 or v8 of basic Flexi would suit my needs.
Regards,
Barry

Return to Graphtec Cutters

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training