my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Vehicle outlines - alternative to Impact?

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Vehicle outlines - alternative to Impact?

Hi All,

Not sure I'm posting in the right section here so admin, please feel free to move this post as you see fit.

I've used Impact Vehicle Outlines since forever. I was always happy with how responsive they (Brian) was to requests for outlines / new models and updates etc. But, I've struck out 4 times this year. So, I wondered if I can't get the updates from Impact, is there a reliable alternative available?

Please don't misunderstand me, I've no issue with Impact at all - but I do need updates and having to create my own isn't always an option (especially if I'm at one end of the country and the vehicle is at the other - or worse, not even in the country yet!)

Cheers.
<<

Post Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Vehicle outlines - alternative to Impact?

Personally, i would not change from Impact. If i get a one off vehicle i don't have, i tend to make do one way or another until the next version of the software is available.
other outline libraries tend to be less accurate, not in same file formats, older, compiled mainly of European and american vehicles or lots of vehicles we will simply never require / use.
<<

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Its funny but over the years Ive always used photos of clients vans to superimpose graphics on. Looks better and customers prefer it to the vector type finish with any vehicle outline library
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 am

[quote="Robert Lambie"]Personally, i would not change from Impact. If i get a one off vehicle i don't have, i tend to make do one way or another until the next version of the software is available.
other outline libraries tend to be less accurate, not in same file formats, older, compiled mainly of European and american vehicles or lots of vehicles we will simply never require / use.[/quote]

Not wanting to change - more than happy with the product and we buy it every year. Just not had luck with truck outlines lately. So I wondered if there was an alternative supplier that might have outlines that the Impact guys don't?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am

[quote="KevinGaffney"]Its funny but over the years Ive always used photos of clients vans to superimpose graphics on. Looks better and customers prefer it to the vector type finish with any vehicle outline library[/quote]

I've done this too. I've also drawn my own vehicle outlines when the need has arisen. The problem is that the customer's vehicle won't be here for another month.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am

Totally understand what you mean Darren, while the product does 99% of what i usually need, and I refer to it almost daily, I often cannot find the correct truck configuration, often I just do it by measuring them and using a photo..

Return to Graphic Design Help