my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

I have a CJV130 with the following problem just after any idea what it could be?

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:57 pm

I have a CJV130 with the following problem just after any idea what it could be?

Hi Everybody

I have a CJV130 with the following problem just after any idea what it could be:

1. On a test print banks of magenta and some banks of cyan are missing? when i do a " Fill up Tank" in maintenance
an redo the test print the missing banks on colour come back.

2. also have noticed if i was to print an image it is showing a type of magenta "overspray" on the left edge as you look at the print.

any ideas anybody?

Many Thanks

Richard
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: I have a CJV130 with the following problem just after any idea what it could be?

Stafford Cox is your man to speak to.
I have same machine but never had that problem, sorry
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: I have a CJV130 with the following problem just after any idea what it could be?

How old is the machine, my 1st point of call would be to change the dampers & capping station

Kev
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi Kev

The machine is about 9 year old, had new printhead fitted by Hybrid a 3 years ago, in the time I've had it it not been heavily used, but cleaned regularly.

I myself thought it could be the dampers or pump? the problem its very odd, I can do test print one minute and all seems to be ok, then after doing a print job if i carry out a test print it shows large sections of colour banks missing??

I'm going to order 8 new dampers tomorrow and a pump to see if that cures it?

I'm still open to any other ideas that anybody has to what the problem could be?

Many thanks.

Richard
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:58 am

I would say damper, but on that age machine i would treat it to new dampers & camping station, bad seal on capping station would show up as a pump issue

Kev
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the reply,

I replaced the the capping station few weeks back with no noticeable change, I will replace all the dampers this week and pump and ill see if it cures the issue?

Regards

Richard
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:25 pm

without teaching you to suck eggs did you ensure it was sealing & id you have the issue before or has it occurred afterthe swap

Kev
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi Richard.

I’d go with dampers first, too. The fact you can get the nozzle test back from cleaning would suggest to me that the pump and cap are doing their job. I only use/sell genuine compression dampers on these machines as generic ones have proven temperamental in my experience. Just replace the ones that need replacing though.

As for overspray, it could be anything. Pictures say a thousand words in these situations. Post some up and I’ll see if I can help.

Stafford

Return to Mimaki Printers

About
Contact
Board Rules
Membership
Terms & Conditions

Signapp - iPhone & iPad
Signapp - Android
Vehicle Wrap Training
Vinyl Application Training
Vehicle Wrap Accreditation