my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Warning Vehicle Outlines DVDs

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:15 am

Some of you may be getting a call about the new vehicle outline cd, I'm not going to mention names but I'm sure you know which, someone has gone alone and is marketing the 2017 issue as 2018, it is identical and a poor copy, the book that comes with it is almost like a photo copy and the disk is a blank disc with a printed label stuck on it. I've checked the data size on it and it has the same amount of files, folders and data as the original, it also shows the same created date and amazingly in the parent directory has the original license and even the logo.
I got a call out of the blue for it was offered a package to include H&S, Graphics disk, Fonts and Outlines for £99, I managed to pay via Paypal so have been able to stop that so I can return these.
So to sum up not 2018 it is 2017, copied with original licence so as far as I'm concerned should not be selling it.

Hope this helps someone.

This is NOT the Impact Vehicle Outline software.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 am

Re: Warning Vehicle Outlines Cds

i had the call on friday
from memory £170 for the two discs and manuals
i was driving at the time and they wanted c/card so i declined Phew!

thanks for the heads up

Derek
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:39 am

I think this needs further clarification. I've always supported Brian Hays and impact by buying the product each year as I believe it's a great asset to any sign maker and we'd be lost if it was no longer available. But if there is some jiggery pockery going on this need to be cleared up and put to bed otherwise people will lose faith in the product and it might dissappear altogether.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:34 am

Phill Fenton wrote:I think this needs further clarification. I've always supported Brian Hays and impact by buying the product each year as I believe it's a great asset to any sign maker and we'd be lost if it was no longer available. But if there is some jiggery pockery going on this need to be cleared up and put to bed otherwise people will lose faith in the product and it might dissappear altogether.

It's not from Impact

<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:39 am

In that case you should say who it's from to prevent many (myself included) from drawing the wrong conclusion.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:12 pm

I won't name names for obvious reasons, it's simply a warning about it that's all.

<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Warning Vehicle Outlines DVDs

There was a thread on here where I expressed my concerns.

We got a cold email from a company about outlines & a free logo CD.

Firstly the email was to us, along with 50+ others, I could see their emails.

The company was registered in the UK as a limited co, but the website on the PDF was to an American company with no UK presence.

The email was a Gmail or similar address.

By chance I spoke to Impact that week and I mentioned this email, and they are aware.

Putting 2 & 2 together it could be the same person.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Phill Fenton wrote:In that case you should say who it's from to prevent many (myself included) from drawing the wrong conclusion.

Hi
well it was impact who called on friday
they have just told me someone has copied an old version and is selling as 2018
so beware guys
derek
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 pm

Got the call and bought. Havnt actually looked at it yet.

So how did this someone get all of impacts clients details

Can’t remember the guys name who called. He told me they had a falling out gone there separate ways.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Andrew O Brien wrote:Got the call and bought. Havnt actually looked at it yet.

So how did this someone get all of impacts clients details

Can’t remember the guys name who called. He told me they had a falling out gone there separate ways.

I cannot understand why you’ve bought it

someone has gone alone and is marketing the 2017 issue as 2018, it is identical and a poor copy, the book that comes with it is almost like a photo copy and the disk is a blank disc with a printed label stuck on it.
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Cause I didn’t know before for I bought it. Guy on the phone knew everything I had bought from impact.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi Andrew sorry thought you had bought after reading the post
To be fair it’s pretty underhand and must Be illegal using client lists
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:44 pm

No problem.

Only bought cause I knew I had a few of the new crafters coming up. I’m guessing I’ll need to contact the real impact now
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 pm

phew, just checked my 2018 ver 57, disc is as per usual with impact print on and customer No written in. book seems good quality..
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:51 am

So an update for you
I spoke to Impact my self yesterday and they are aware of their products been copied and sold, they know who it is which was confirmed by myself.
The items I was sold consisted of a bundle of Vehicle outlines, Brand logos & Fonts, they are a direct copy of the 2017 issue claiming to be 2018, the finish is terrible been a blank Cd with a printed label attached, the files on the disk are identical to the original 4205 & unbelievably it still has the Impact logo and licence on it.
After speaking to Impact I feel sorry for the guy who is doing this but at the end of the day it is illegal & we all know our feelings on taking someone else work.
Oh someone mentioned it is an American company, it isn't although a very similar name.

Hope this helps you.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi, just to clarify...

Paul Eastaugh offered a sales consultancy to Impact Graphic Solutions Limited for a number of years. In July 2017 we terminated the relationship for a number of reasons. Several people have now made us aware he is selling copied versions of our products. It also seems he is misleading many of our customers. He has never been directly employed by Impact & despite what he seemingly told some has never been a partner in the business. He has had absolutely no input into the development of our products. The disk he is offering is an old version, the book is a copy with the cover changed. The 'free' disks that he offers are copies of disks he has bought from eBay for a couple of pounds.

Impact has been my business since 1995. (Albeit the current Limited company being only registered in 2008). This can be verified on Companies House web site. Our contact details, web site, email, telephone number are unchanged.

Noel Steely is now in charge of UK sales. Derek above would have had a legitimate call from Noel last week.

I am based in Perth, Australia, I moved here in November 2015.

If anybody would like further clarification they can contact me directly at info@impactgs.net Please note as a supplier I cannot reply to pm's via this site.

You can also contact Noel on 0345 470 2020. Or email info@impactgs.co.uk - our web address is http://www.impactgs.co.uk

Apologies for any confusion this has called. We are happy to answer any concerns you may have.
Last edited by Brian Hays on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Andrew O Brien wrote:No problem.

Only bought cause I knew I had a few of the new crafters coming up. I’m guessing I’ll need to contact the real impact now

Andrew, you would be best to raise a dispute with your card provider or PayPal. We can provide any information they need to help you get a refund.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:05 am

Phew !! I'm glad I just checked this thread because was seriously thinking of getting hold of this 'deal'. Once again, can't remember the guys name, but he knew who we were and what we'd bought and was very convincing.

Told me Brian had 'recently' moved to Oz and he was now running things.

Another lucky escape !!
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:30 am

Adrian Neill wrote:Phew !! I'm glad I just checked this thread because was seriously thinking of getting hold of this 'deal'. Once again, can't remember the guys name, but he knew who we were and what we'd bought and was very convincing.

Told me Brian had 'recently' moved to Oz and he was now running things.

Another lucky escape !!

That’s the same as what I got

Return to General Software Topics