• TIMELINE

Holiday and Sick Leave Tracker Software

<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Holiday and Sick Leave Tracker Software

Hi All

Does anybody use any software for their staff to track and monitor leave etc etc, ideally one where they can submit a request and be approved/declined etc and a full record kept that both employee and employer can see etc.

If there's one that works with Google Mail would also be ideal as we use google Calendar for job and staff tracking etc

Thanks

Warren
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Re: Holiday and Sick Leave Tracker Software

Never used it, but Zoho.com has a HR module.

https://people.zoho.com/hr
<<

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:00 pm

We use finger print and app clocking for staff which comes with various management options.

someone did a crude way freely using google calender
here is what "they" did.

Ask each employee to ensure they each have a Gmail account.
Create for yourself a company holiday calendar separate from your own personal calendar.
Employees request holidays by creating an event in their own calendar and "inviting" the company (you) to that event.
A holiday request could be approved or rejected by accepting or declining the invitation, respectively.
When accepting an invitation, be sure to assign it to the company holiday calendar and not your personal calendar.
The company holiday calendar can be shared with read only privileges to all employees so that they can use their own judgment if their planned holiday falls near important dates, and negotiate with colleagues about timing of holidays, before submitting a formal request.
If you want a company calendar for other company dates, I would suggest making that independent of the holiday calendar. That way, you can more easily share key company dates with clients without disclosing staff holidays. You can always see both calendars at the same time to identify potential clashes.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks guys, been looking at Appogee which is a gmail app and looks good.

Rob what fingerprint system do you have and does it work well? This might be something I have to look in to in the future
<<

TRADE SUPPLIER

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Warren,

We have been looking at Timetastic.co.uk very reasonable priced and seems like it covers most bases.
<<

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:15 am

What about using a wall planner that you can write on?
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:16 pm

We've got 13 people working here and use a wall planner and some different coloured stickers (stars for office / circles for production persons).
Each person has an employee folder in which I keep all relevant paperwork. There is an A4 printed sheet in there as a holiday record with "from", "to", "paid?" and "days left" as the headers.

We also have a calendar built into our email client (eM Client) and holidays are shown on there.

When someone fills in a holiday form, I put the relevant coloured sticker on the wall planner. Add an event to the calendar and then fill out the section in the holiday record in the employee folder.
Takes a couple of mins per form maximum and means I've got a hard copy in the folder, and two easily visable planners (calendar on email & wall planner).

I personally wouldn't pay for this facility as it wouldn't save me that much time unless I had more people working here.
<<

TRADE SUPPLIER

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:31 pm

I do agree that a good old wall planner is hard to beat. The only reason we are looking to move over to Timetastic is due to the team growing and also how hard it is to plan holidays whilst at the weekend. Timetastic has an App and at 0.50p per employee a month, the cost is so small that its worth the time it saves.

Submitting requests and seeing the holiday timetable on an app on your phone, helps everyone with their holiday organisation... But we shall see how the trial goes
<<

2 Star Contributor

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 am

Just signed up to Timetastic myself :). I like the app approach (especially as I have a young workforce), and its a very simple interface. Can't see where you can put in compulsory holidays however.... And the cost is next to nothing.
<<

5 Star Contributor

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Another plus here for time tastic...developed in Manchester

Return to General Software Topics