my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Recommendation on a tech for Roland in Wiltshire area?

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:30 am

Hi.

Does any one know a tech they would recommend that covers Wiltshire area more specifically Swindon ?

Need to take a look at the printer VP 540
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Recommendation on a tech for Roland in Wiltshire area?

What’s your problem Mariusz? Maybe I can help on here...
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi.

Its print and cut, cutting alignment that is driving me crazy, I managed to get it improved, replacing all the consumables that I had in stock, still waiting for brand new pinch rollers to see if that will improve, currently cleaned the old one. But want to give an overall service for the machine as well, as it not had one for just over a year other then me looking after it but I am not a tech savvy too much with them.

Also having a small issue with ink drying, recently moved to a different unit that is a lot colder so a gas heater is on all day but temp inside is still nothing as to what was in a previous place. What I am noticing ink is not drying completely like it did before. and always for example if printing decals cutting right after the print will leave the roll marks on most recently printed decals.

Heavy prints I do currently add 1 minute dry time but this take so much time as I do approx 1300 x 150 mm print and cut custom sheet. so imagine time it takes to make them.
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Ok. Print and cut alignment, try loading some media and giving the front of it a pull. If the media pulls easier from one side then it could be that the pinch roller housing itself has a small fracture in it. Not a job for the faint hearted but I can now do it in a couple of hours having done a few.

Heat does cause a problem at this time of year, and the answer is to keep the room and media warm even when you’re not running the machine. The operating temp for these printers is around 20-30 degrees and the media is seriously affected by the cold too. Try getting an ambient temperature reading. Many modern machines (or more specifically the heads installed in them) won’t let you print until the ambient temperature is 14 degrees.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 pm

I will try tomorrow when I am back at the Unit to pull the media, never tried to pull in a way to see which side will be easier to pull, I did notice that I always use flange guide installed to the core of a roll, but after couple of meters print I can see they move to the side usually left side of machine and that is also when alignment gets out of control, usually one of the sides left side (if I remember correcty) will cut down in - feed direction comparing to the right side of print which will be approx correct, I think this could have something to do with the cut alignment.

I know about ideally keeping it in nice temperature but recent temps outside do not help too much inside the unit, I only have gas heater running for the hours its in printing, so the temperature is I would say approx 18C but as soon as I leave its gets switched off so overnight it drops.
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 am

<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:20 am

Print & Cut alignment is always an issue on ROLAND Machines, have you tried cleaning the Encoder Strip with a lint Free cloth , do not use chemicals on it as it has markings on it , have a look at some other forums on this site, i never run over a meter when im contour cutting as it tends to run off ,also keep the room warm and clean is essential ,after 30 years of being in the signtrade i finally got my unit how i wanted it and got a room made up with all my vinyls and machines in , also i got plenty of led lighting and insulation in it so keeping temperature warm all day and night

[img]https://www.uksignboards.com/mobile-gallery/5429b92759a7d647659283679cd29953.jpg[/img][img]https://www.uksignboards.com/mobile-gallery/89b6a1a5d0981fedabe1833b99915ff7.jpg[/img][img]https://www.uksignboards.com/mobile-gallery/fa54b844fe17dd37dcdb6f91d6505d8d.jpg[/img][img]https://www.uksignboards.com/mobile-gallery/404a5e26ec03fce400a549322a52bfab.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Jamie Hunt on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:22 am

Totally agree on the warmth thing. However the machine doesn’t use the linear encoder strip when cutting, only when printing. When it’s cutting it only uses the encoder on the bottom of the scan motor.
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:26 am

Yes but it needs to pick up on the registration marks if the strip isn’t clean it will miss align before you even start and it won’t cut it to the contour cut and mis align
<<

1 Star Contributor

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:29 am

Heres a Roland Technician Andrew Malcolm (ADM Services) ‭07921 380282‬ give him a Ring he’s a great guy and might be able to help with your problem , ohh its his company and will travel anywhere
<<

Trade Supplier
Trade Supplier

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:34 am

I suppose if the register marks have been printed badly on a dirty or faulty encoder strip then that would make sense. Apologies if I misread that.

Also remember the tolerances on these machines are accurate to 1mm in a meter.

Return to Roland Printers