3rd party (compatible) latex inks

<<

Peter Johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:01 pm

3rd party (compatible) latex inks

Hi all.

Was wondering if anybody out there with an L26500/260 etc are, or have, used 3rd party compatible latex inks?

I am very, very wary about doing this, but when I see the price difference between compatible inks (69.00 + vat) and genuine inks (96.00 + vat) I just wonder if the savings might outweigh my trepidation. Especially over a year.

What do people think? I'm still tending towards sticking to genuine HP, but wanted to see if anyone else has any good/bad experiences with this.

Thanks,

Pete.
<<

Jamie Dale

1 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:39 am

Re: 3rd party (compatible) latex inks

They are great.
I buy straight from China, and they work out about 45quid. Although I'm using the 330.
Only thing I will say is just reprofile your stuff as there will be a slight colour change.
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Jamie Dale wrote:They are great.
I buy straight from China, and they work out about 45quid. Although I'm using the 330.
Only thing I will say is just reprofile your stuff as there will be a slight colour change.

I don't have a printer personally so can't comment but just out of interest Jamie how long have you been using them? Just wondering because I use to do quite a bit of printing years ago with pigment based inks & some of the cheaper 3rd party inks looked great when first printed but faded very quickly compared with other brands. Probably due to the amount of pigment in the ink :lol: :lol:
<<

Kevin Busby

4 Star Contributor

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:42 pm

I tried them a couple years back on my 26500 and whilst the results were not terrible you could certainly see the diffrence in colours, the worst for me was yellow and black, just not the normal in your face rich colour, yet the magenta was 99.9% and would have happily continued using it.

There are a couple companies about that will help with some sort of trial if you shop around but quite honestly for the amount of ink I go through Ill stick with genuine until they are a little better.

Return to HP Printers