my invisible text
Categories
  • TIMELINE

Gloss white from Hexis wrapping vinyl

<<

Scott houston

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Gloss white from Hexis wrapping vinyl

I've tried kpmf, Avery supreme. Now I'm giving hexis a go. I'm trying to find a wrapping film that works for me. I need a film that's a good all rounder that works well and is not to pricey.
<<

Robert Lambie

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: Gloss white from Hexis wrapping vinyl

Why doesn't those mentioned work for you so far?
<<

Scott houston

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:27 am

Wrapping is something I'd like to do a bit more of to bring in more customers and business to my company. I'm looking for a vinyl that I can work with that's not to expensive and is user friendly. Time is an important factor. I need to get things done quickly but also at a professional level. I won't be wrapping all day every day so I could loose my way slightly if I haven't wrapped for a week or so. I'm not a beginner nor am I an expert. The vinyls I've tried already are either imop to time consuming to work with or to expensive thus putting my estimates for wrapping jobs way out the ball park. However ive got a customer coming in to get the interior wood trim on his Bmw wrapped with a brushed aluminium which is a vinyl from Avery supreme it's a quality vinyl with a high price per meter. I'm hoping that the hexis range will tick the boxes.
<<

David Hammond

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Avery or 3M may cost more but save a load of time and waste with their adhesive technology, which also helps with a good finish. They are our got too medias for the bits of wrapping we do.

Get yourself on a course and learn how some techniques, and how each media should be applied.

My honest opinion is you're asking the impossible, you want a rolls royce media, for KIA prices. You can get them for sure, but they'll be sheds in need of serious time & money to make them work.
<<

Denise Goodfellow

L-Gold Member
L-Gold Member

Post Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:51 pm

I agree with David.

If the material is cheap then there will be compromises in workability etc.

On you tube they did a vehicle wrap using 4 manufactures materials.
Using the same vehicle it was wrapped by the same two guys and timed, using each material.
Avery came out on top, sorry can't remember who came last, but the time difference was about 2.5 hrs.

From memory Hexis was said to be very grabby.

Avery was wrapped mostly without heat just pulling using the triangle technique
<<

Daniel Evans

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I've used hexis and Avery supreme and supreme is on another level, much quicker and easier to fit over the hexis material. Hexis is a great budget material though.
<<

Chris Tennant

1 Star Contributor

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:44 am

We use hexis 90% of the time for full colour changes and works great.
You've stated wrapping jobs... but if you're talking interior trims, The vinyl choice will hardly effect time. Its more a case of trimming more effectively and efficiently.
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:39 am

If time & user friendliness are important factors then you have to be looking at Avery, 3M & Arlon for your materials because the adhesive technology they use make them quicker & easier to fit.
Brands like KPMF, Hexis & Oracal which use a different adhesive are more time consuming to fit & not as user friendly so don't meet your general requirements :lol:

Do you work on your own or do you have people working with you ? Reason I ask is because I work on my own & have fitted most brands of vehicle wrap over the years. The higher end materials make working on your own so much easier & save you so much time that it is worth paying the extra for if you are busy.

How do you work out your pricing ??
<<

Jon Marshall

5 Star Contributor

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Arlon have actually pulled out of the colour change market now.
<<

Martin Pearson

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Jon Marshall wrote:Arlon have actually pulled out of the colour change market now.

Shows how much attention I am paying now I am not working full time Jon :blushing:
shame really because they had some really nice colours, have they pulled out completely or just not supplying Europe/UK, I know they sell a lot more in the States than they do over here.
<<

Scott houston

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:07 pm

Thanks for your replies and advice. I'll be working with the higher end wrapping vinyl. I bought 5 meters of hexis glossy white for my van so I'll use that up and if it goes ok I'll buy more just to finish van. Any other job I do or price will be with Avery supreme in mind. Cheers.

Return to Vehicle Wrapping